Was anyone here educated in Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was anyone here educated in Japan?

I know a few people live there, but was anyone brought up there and put through the school system? Or is anyone familiar with it/its content?

If you were, I would be really grateful if you could PM me for a chat and to help me a bit!

I wasn't educated there, but I have taught in Junior and Senior High Schools for seven years, and also done some part time work at universities. This has been mostly solo teaching, with occasional Team Teaching - about five years in private schools and the rest in state schools.

If you don't get any better offers perhaps my insight might be of some help.

Comment

AFAIK, non residents are not obliged to educate their children, under the law. Occasionally I see western (not mixed) foreign kids attending regular Japanese school but it's rare as they would be more likely to go to an international school if their parents were ex pats. I am sure there are plenty out there who did go through the system though so google might be your friend.

Comment

I wasn't but the wife was.

Comment

Girlfriend was educated over there, when she bothered turning up and didn't play truant...

Comment

Working...
          X