Japanese to translation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese to translation help

Hi guys, I have troubles translating few words to English...

The first two belong to a setup menu for sound options and I've been able to translate them as "mixer" and "loud"...no clues at all about the other groups, except for "standard" (bottom line, 1st word) and D2 input (rightmost word).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think it might say "Screen Size". Then I think its Standard, Under (?), D2 Zoom.

Hope that makes sense, either that or I've completely mis-translated it

Comment

Under probably stands for underscan...now to understand what these options could do.
      Any idea of what "loud" stands for?

Comment

I'm guessing that "Loud" would automatically adjust the sound levels when listening at low volumes, like a "Midnight" mode on many a Pioneer amp.

I'm assuming these are settings on your TV/amp? Its hard work without the context!

Comment

No, they are from an upscaler, the XRGB-3. Japanese-only menus, I've been able to track down a translation guide of the old firmware but the "screen size" option is new, so I have no real idea of its translation or its use, as I just get a blank screen if I try to modify that setting.
          The audio menu is used if you have speakers connected to it (I don't as I use an external amplifier) and "mixer" and "loud" are options I couldn't figure out. Maybe you're right about the "loud" setting, it has an on/off option, but "mixer" has a numeric slider.

Comment

Working...
          X