Fecking snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fecking snow

We just had 10 inches fall overnight. I can't get to work (silver lining ) until the snow trucks come. Trying to get all that crap off my car was just unreal, so in the best NTSC-UK tradition I gave up and came inside for a brew.

But this got me thinking.. there's been a lot of panic this winter in the UK about 'ZOMG SNOW' when it's only a few inches. Who on here has experienced some proper extreme snow where they live, or when they were on holiday (ski holidays maybe excepted)? I don't mean my measly nearly-a-foot, I mean proper huge-snowdrifts enforced-isolation business.

Pics please!

I think the most snow I've ever experienced was about a foot, but I was only 5 at the time so it seemed like a lot more.

Comment

Yup dont snow like it used to in Blighty anymore, In India at the moment - today was 96f, not expecting any snow here lol

Comment

Eps, didn't you used to be in Florida, though?

Snow in Florida has happened (I think last year or the year before, the snow and icestorms ruined the orange crop, thus the price of our orange juice went up!), but I'm guessing you've moved on?

Comment

I have pretty regular memories of several feet of snow when I was younger, but the recent snowfall we had (About a foot) was the most I can remember for probably 25 years or more.

Comment

Working...
          X