Anyone have any idea what this means?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any idea what this means?

I keep getting this text message...anyone help me decipher it?

vilia tazdapvliary 8 mapta hsto tibila zdapovi vcegda milybilac dpyrdpyrac ialybliytede

?????

Thanks,

The person sending it has been possessed by Satan?

edit: I'm guessing it's an unknown number sending it to you?

Comment

Yes..its an unknown number...I tried replying (Wrong Number) using my free texts between 7 and 8 and it it wont let me..So I'm guessing it might not be in the UK..

Comment

Sorry..the number is unknown to me..but I have it +99591166440

Don't want to call it though...

Comment

If it's coming from abroad it's possible that it could be being sent in another language that your phone doesn't have the alphabet support for, so you just get garbled nonsense.

According to this +995 is the country code for Georgia. Not sure if they use the Cyrillic alphabet or something.
          Last edited by NekoFever; 08-03-2009, 20:02.

Comment

Just delete it.

Comment

block the number perhaps?

could be some one spamming you from an internet based text system, hence the fact you can't reply back - although it also depends if you can text abroad......

Comment

If it's from abroad it might be one of those dodgy numbers that costs X number of pounds to reply. Ignore it.

Comment

Interesting fact - in Japan there are spam messages like this where you are charged for simply receiving them, whether you reply or not. My girlfriend was getting 50 messages a day, and when she went to AU to get it stopped they told her she had been charged for every single one.

Quite how this practice made it through whatever consumer laws they have here is a mystery to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X