Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fist Of The North Star: Manga Version DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fist Of The North Star: Manga Version DVD?

I used to love watching FOTNS - the Manga Entertainment version on VHS in the 90s. Did it get a DVD release? .. I can't find it anywhere. If not, is it possible to get the same version on dvd, from some other region? ... I thought the dubbing was good - so I want it like that.

All info appreciated. Cheers!

You can get dodgy Ebay DVD's of it but I have heard rumours in the Fist of the North Star Gubbins thread that there is a DVD release due ina couple of months

Cant wait for it myself been years since I last enjoyed it properly.

Neil

EDIT - Here's the linky about it:

Last edited by Soundwave; 17-03-2009, 11:42.

Comment

Yeah wait for the official release the HK DVD's are pretty much VHS transfers...

Comment

hi all, is this the same series that used to be on late at night on channel 4?
        used to love those id buy em on dvd if i could find em

Comment

I started a thread a bit ago about Fist of the North Star here, and I listed all the series in chronological order in this post on that thread, fact fans!

Long story short, yesteryeargames, it's the film that's being released on DVD.
          I don't think the series is available officially, but you can get hold of it.
          You can watch the first episode here:

All this is in the thread I said at the start though, with talk of films, tv series, t-shirts, anime and videogames related to FotNS/Hokuto No Ken.

Ha-taaaaaaaaaah!

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
            Yeah wait for the official release the HK DVD's are pretty much VHS transfers...
            WHAT!!!!!!!! you mean this is not an original

there was a newer movie or maybe 2, i could only find 1 with subs though

Comment

I do know of one other movie which is Raoh's side story & I made the fatal mistake of buying a Ebay copy.

[Comic book Guy]Worst Subtitles ever!![/Comic Book Guy]

Seriously they made no sense whatsoever they were totally broken

I'm still waiting on a proper release for it.

Neil
              Last edited by Soundwave; 17-03-2009, 14:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                You can get dodgy Ebay DVD's of it but I have heard rumours in the Fist of the North Star Gubbins thread that there is a DVD release due ina couple of months

Cant wait for it myself been years since I last enjoyed it properly.

Neil

EDIT - Here's the linky about it:

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showpost.p...1&postcount=25
                My question has been answered - and I'm very very happy. I can't wait to get my hands on the DVD.

I just watched the trailer - such great memories. That main song is soooo brilliant. I also think remastered dvd quality will be fantastic.
                Last edited by Leon Retro; 17-03-2009, 14:07.

Comment

I do know of one other movie which is Raoh's side story & I made the fatal mistake of buying a Ebay copy.
                  yeah there is 2 of them

Yuria den OVA

Raoh den

I have the Subbed Yuria, i could never find the Raoh den without trying eBay and they wanted a fair chunk of change for what was basically a subbed torrent

there were 5 of them apparently as explained in the other thread
                  Last edited by buster_broon; 17-03-2009, 14:15.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                    yeah there is 2 of them

Yuria den OVA

Raoh den

I have the Subbed Yuria, i could never find the Raoh den without trying eBay and they wanted a fair chunk of change for what was basically a subbed torrent

there were 5 of them apparently as explained in the other thread
                    5!!!!
                    Wow didnt realise there were quite so many...that'll teach me to read the other thread properly then.

Will deffinitley keep an eye out for the Yuria one now though, is it any good??

Gonna go look through the thread now & then look into the others as well.

Neil

Comment

5!!!!
                      Wow didnt realise there were quite so many...that'll teach me to read the other thread properly then.

Will deffinitley keep an eye out for the Yuria one now though, is it any good??

Gonna go look through the thread now & then look into the others as well.

Neil
                      this post explains tons of stuff

from what i remember it was actually not bad, again subs were a joke and mostly difficult to read

Comment

Working...
                      X