Any MLB attendees? Help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any MLB attendees? Help please.

Hi, bit of a longshot but i wondered if there were any fans that attend games that could help me out. I'm going to be in Tampa in apr/may and would love to catch a Rays game, i just have no idea where to try and get tickets!

Anyone got an opinion on where a good place to sit to soak up the atmosphere would be?!

It will prob be the 30th Apr against the Red Sox and it seems theres quite alot of availability at the mo.

Thanks in advance.

Not really a big baseball fan but I've been to a couple of MLB games (plus a few NPB ones in Japan too!) and although it is nice to experience up close behind the plate or around the infield personally as a casual viewer I prefer the panoramic view from the outfield (in Japan it is also the most lively area where the bands/fanatical fans are).

Comment

Behind the batter, about 30 metres to the right.

Comment

Check out Stub Hub...

Buy and sell sports tickets, concert tickets, theater tickets and Broadway tickets on StubHub!

Fans buy & sell tickets on there & they ship internationally.

Could try joining up with the Rays Forum...people will normally sell tickets from their season passes if they cant make the games.
        Thats the way I got my tickets to see the Washington Redskins in 2007 joined up on Extremeskins & got friendly with some people who scored my tickets for me

Also as much as I hate to say it Ebay prices can be silly cheap a few days before the game & lastly scalpers on the day...the closer to first pitch it gets the cheaper they become, could get some awesome seats for not a lot of money if you can take the stress of waiting & then the inevitable agony of being let down if you cant get the right Scalper.

HTH

Neil

Comment

There's a direct link on their home page to ticketmaster and you can pick them up at will call when you're there, i done it with a Knicks vs Cavs game in Nov and it seemed easy enough. Tickets were in the lower block just left of 1st base and $60 i think. I did think about the outfield too but as it's my 1st game it might be kind of cool to be a bit closer.

Thanks for your responses so far guys, much appreciated.

I'll check that link too before i buy.

Comment

Damn man, seeing my beloved Sox @ Tampa.... *Is only SLIGHTLY envious*

I have no idea where the best place to sit at Tropicana Field would be though. I do know a few people online from Tampa, but they're Marlins fans. I can ask them though if you'd like?

I'm hoping my criminal conviction won't hinder me going back to the US some day, as I'd love to go to a couple of games at Fenway. Sitting at the top of the Green Monster would be awesome.

Comment

Wow that stubhub looks like an awesome site, if you had a bit of spare money then there are some really sweet seats available! Bookmarked.

Thanks for the offer fami, i think i am going to play it safe and go with the ticketmaster ones i found, should be plenty good enough for a baseball virgin such as myself! May even catch me a foul ball! Fenway would be cool by the way.

Thanks for the advice lads

Comment

I didn't know you liked rounders mate, I thought you were playing all those MLB games for whoring purposes.

Comment

Lol shouldn't you be working rather than dossing on ur phone! I have to get to know how to whore the points easier that's why i'm going!. Next trip will be to Ohio to watch the Buckeyes

Besides aren't you a cricket fan

Comment

You leave cricket alone!
                    It's the sport of the true athlete just look at Phil Tuffnel.

Comment

Working...
                    X