Gas Safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Safe

Bit of a boring thread really, but did anyone else know that CORGI is becoming defunct as of end of March (this year!) and you shouldn't let anyone with CORGI credentials work on your gas bits afterwards. The new scheme is called Gas Safe. I'm quite shocked it's not been advertised more!

How odd. Have CORGI suddenly been flooded with disreputable scammers?

Comment

Yes I did know (sad really).

It's being run by a group called Capita and all gas fitters need to re-register. In essence nothing will change, I've seen some right dodgy works done by Corgi approved engineers.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
        Yes I did (sad I know).

It's being run by a group called Capita and all gas fitters need to re-register.
        Ugh Crapita. I cursory glance at any issue of Private Eye over the last 100 years will reveal that this company is utterly, cretinously, piss-poor.

Comment

Yep, it was tendered out on the basis of `efficiency`. In other words, they were cheaper than Corgi.

Comment

Cheap crap! I'll be doing my gas repairs/fitting myself, at least I won't get ripped off, and if I blow up, at least it'll be by my own hand

Comment

*rolls up sleeves*

Right then, let's see what we've got her...

Comment

lollers.

The irony is, now my 360 is bust, I may just try some DIY...

Don't worry, I'll rescue your **** games!

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                  *rolls up sleeves*

Right then, let's see what we've got her...

On the bright side least the sattelite dish is still there

Comment

House fires are no laughing matter, not by ANY stretch of the imagination!

Comment

I bet its because of all the fast-track courses that now train plumbers to Corgi registered in 6 months.

How the hell can you expect a plumber who has fast tracked trained in 6-12 months to have any idea of what he's gonna be doing on a Gas central heating system

I think that would be one trade you really do need a few years working experience before being allowed near a gas boiler.

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS
                        I think that would be one trade you really do need a few years working experience before being allowed near a gas boiler.
                        My Uncle's best friend spent three and a half years learning and training in regards to inspecting, fixing and replacing gas boilers (as well as other aspects of the job) before he even went anywhere near somebody else's gas or boiler supply.

Funky Dan, please don't tell me that your - current or previous - house has been on fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
                          Funky Dan, please don't tell me that your - current or previous - house has been on fire?
                          No, not mine, but I lost my brother and one of his daughters (aged 5) in a house fire in 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                            No, not mine, but I lost my brother and one of his daughters (aged 5) in a house fire in 2001.

I wish I kept my mouth shut.

Comment

It's ok mate, I just didn't expect to see that pic on the first page of this thread and it caught me off guard.

Comment

Working...
                              X