How do you say 'goodbye'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you say 'goodbye'?

I?m in the market for a new goodbye, I keep saying to people 'see you later', even if they?re strangers who I?m likely never to see again and it sounds a bit odd.

A delivery guy has just said "see you later" to me.

Having just though about that moment, it made me think. In all probability I'll never see him again.

Idiot. What was he thinking?

**** off!

Comment

how about "bye" nice and simple

Comment

'take care man take care' *hug*

Comment

this thread is like being in Animal Crossing - would you like a new secret super greeting too just for us ?

Comment

'It's not you, it's me, still be friends?'

oh, sorry you mean real goodbyes?

Comment

something manly like "toodles"

Comment

"wash your ***king hands next time"
                "Ciao"
                or the simple: "later"

Comment

I always say "Have fun", but I have no idea how that started. I can't stop it though - so instead of trying to, I just alter the intonation depending on who I'm saying it to to suit the mood.

Comment

'Right I'd better be off to pick my wife up from the hospital after she fell down the stairs yesterday'

'Have fun!'

Comment

I always say 'see you soon' I guess to imply you will see them again at some point during your life is a polite and friendly way of departing.

No harm in saying what you normally say extra Terestrial. A lot of peeps switch off before you can even say good bye.

The real question is how familiar should be with a girl before you give the obligatory kiss on the cheek. I must admit i ONLY kiss girls on the cheek if i like them in a certain way.

Without derailing your thread and putting more questions and doubts in your mind, what do you do?

Comment

How about just 'see ya', and you could always add: 'wouldn't wanna be ya', to be extra cool. 'Laters' seems to be one me and some of my friends use a lot these day, but then you have the problem of the 'later' meeting being implied. So on that basis, to be safe, I think the ONLY option is to go with evilthecatuk's (and my) suggestion of 'toodles', or possibly even 't.t.f.n.' (ta ta for now)

Comment

I alternate between 'As this meeting is the last in the current series, goodbye for now'.

Or, be super wonderfool.

Comment

No words necessary. Just a deep tonguey kiss with a handful of mound/sack, as applicable.

Comment

How about "ta ta" or "teraa".

Comment

Working...
                              X