Skiiing in Switzeland or France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skiiing in Switzeland or France

Looking to book a guys skiing holiday for a group of 4 or next year, but undecided where to go. Were looking at either Zermatt or Verbier in Switzeland or Val Thornens in france, ive been to the latter so no about that but just wondering if anyones been to either in Switzeland and could shed some light on the places. Where looking for some nice long runs, good nightlife and some good jumps and also not to expenseive, just looking for some opinions on either really cheers

Check out Wengen in Switzerland. I've been going there every year (for about ten years straight now!) and it pretty much covers every requirement that you've mentioned.

Comment

We did actually look at their but the use of trains was a bit of a deterant, and the lack of challanging runs am i right in thinking its more of a laid back village and mountain? personally i enjoy the speed and challange

Comment

Ah fair enough. Yeah, trains are used (a lot!) and there isn't a huge amount of black runs. However, a lot of the ski runs are a really decent length (hence the use of trains) and can take quite while to get down.

The village itself has quite a few bars that are open pretty late and it's quite small so you can easily walk (or stumble ) back to your hotel after you've been out.

Comment

NOt sure about the skiing, but Zermatt is one of the best places I have ever been.

Comment

Zermatt.

You won't be disappointed - in my opinion it's got to be one of the best holiday destinations in the world - and I'm told that the skiing is excellent. I go at least twice a year (once in the summer and once in the winter) - amazing scenery, amazing food, fantastic locals and so much to do - it's like nowhere else I've been.

I'm getting married there next year!

Now. I'm aware that I sound to Zermatt like Dangerous does/did to Nando's, but I don't know anyone that's been and not come away thinking the same.

Comment

I have just come back from a week in Les Arcs (France). I was a complete beginner so it had plently of runs for me, it also has lots of reds and some serious black runs for the hardcore. we stayed in 2000 and went down to 1950 for lunch everyday. Food was brillient but damn expensive.

Would go again but Zermatt sounds interesting.

Comment

Working...
              X