being lucky.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

being lucky.......

Do you believe that there are points in your life where you've found a 4 leaf clover and instantly found luck or at least felt lucky or maybe something else

Personally i've never felt lucky and generally for me things have a tendancy to go belly up and i never win anything i try and enter competitions wise, but recently i've been quite surprised at how things have went, especially in the last month

share your experiences in this thread

I've heard people say that luck good or bad generally comes in three's, for me within the last two weeks its been:

1. Kept my job and this was ratified by the employability board

2. offered a 6 year extension to my current contract, which is like a massive promotion and within those 6 years there is a good chance i will be promoted further than i expected and at least keeps me in a job until i'm 46 (2018)

3. won the office bonus ball which was a 4 week roll over and i ended up getting ?169

long may this continue, but i expect it to come to a shuddering halt where the total reverse happens and end up worse off, such has been my luck before this recent spell

please discuss

In 1997 I lost the entire contents of my wallet and money belt in Manhattan (money, trav cheques, flight tickets, passport, credit cards, everything) ... only for a complete stranger to find it and travel miles across and down town to the UK Embassy and hand it over. That was lucky.

In 2000 I was 6 months into a new relationship (now my wife) and I won a holiday taking in a week in Vegas, 4 days in Miami, and a 7 night cruise around the US Virgin Islands. That was pretty lucky too

But I did have to enter the comp to make it happen ... so I think there's truth in the saying 'you make your own luck'.
    Last edited by Atticus; 01-04-2009, 13:23.

Comment

I tripped over a mattress one night on the way home from the pub!

Comment

I won the blueroom comp last year and an Xbox 360 at Xmas, which is amazing as I usually win nothing.

I've never felt particularly lucky, but then again there's always someone worse off (and also always tons of those better off; many of which are complete turds!).

It's been a rough few months (which I won't bother going in to), but I've still got a job, a wife who loves me and a lovely 5 year old daughter. So, anything else is a bonus, I guess.

Comment

No, I am the unluckiest person ever I think.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
            No, I am the unluckiest person ever I think.
            Unlucky mate.

I reckon I'm quite lucky - I've never won a competition or anything for that matter, but I always feel quite jammy. My life isn't hard at all, and I'm pretty content despite being a cynic at heart!

Lucky me!

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
              I tripped over a mattress one night on the way home from the pub!

Close the thread now, this is the luckiest man alive!

Comment

My dumbass landlady sent me a twelve month lease for half of the total rent for my flat. Have signed it and it is all legal, so I only have to pay £300 a month for the next year, whether anyone moves into my spare bedroom or not. So feeling lucky in that respect.

Also didn't die after stupidly taking a ****load of chlorpromazine tablets, and my loony pills seem to be working. And as of today I can access NTSC forums from work!

Oh, and it is Wrestlemania on Sunday, and my daughters birthday monday.

All I need to round it all of is for the bag of peanut flavoured corn snacks I sent to buster broon to turn up.

Comment

So the "Big Seany anouncement" was only a day late......

Comment

I've never been lucky with competitions but my entire career has been based on me being at the right place at the right time. I have seen people infinitely more talented and more dedicated than me do much worse simply because I just happened to be where someone needed what I could do on one particular day.

Hasn't always gone right, of course, but generally I've been nothing but lucky career-wise. It will be interesting to see if I can keep that up with things being what they are right now. Not looking good at the moment.

Comment

I'm one of those people where if things can go wrong, then it will for me.

Actually I'm not sure if that's totally true or not anymore because I've become one of the types who always dwell on the negatives. It's down to the fact that the last four years of my life have been a living nightmare - the sort which makes you question every single big decision you've made in your life and leaving you with nothing but "what if I'd..." questions.

It's made it so hard to see all the good through the bad. But there are things I should be grateful for I suppose.

If we're talking competition wins the most recent was winning the 'make a MP3' competition on the Joypod radio show last night. Ok so I was the only entrant but that's not the point!

Other notable wins in my life time have been a poster of the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles movie, a state of the art (at the time) graphics card with a copy of Giants: Citizen Kabuto, and getting letter of the month in the Official PlayStation mag and a free copy of Diablo for the PS1 for my troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                        I won the blueroom comp last year
                        touches collar

get a competition started now

i suppose the 3 things thats happened to me recently all pale in comparision to last year, when i managed to spoon with Fuse

GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!!

Honestly i reckon in 4 weeks time everything thats happened will all be reversed

probably get a speeding fine costing me ?338

Comment

Liverpool FC winning the Premiership 09 Didn't i tell you i could see the future..........

Comment

Over the last year I have won 7 xbox 360 games, a t-shirt and comic book and some XBLA download codes. A few of my more recent bets have come up trumps and I got a promotion and wage rise in work.

Comment

When I was younger I was a right spawny get. I was always winning things/getting money from nowhere/winning jackpots on fruit machines from 50p etc.

Then I met my missus and my luck took a turn for the worse. Nowadays if it can go wrong it will. In the past month:
                              • My missus crashed her car
                              • My 3 year old daughter broke her arm
                              • Whilst at hospital with my daughter my house got broken into
                              • The clutch went on my car
                              • The boiler broke meaning no hot water
                              • Then the shower broke the day after
                              • And finally one of my cats got run over
                              Ah well, can't get much worse....

....fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                              X