Pixar's 'Up'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pixar's 'Up'

Explore all our Disney Movies to find Disney+ originals, classic and new upcoming films, and even Blu-rays, DVDs and downloads. Plus, find movies to stream now on Disney+ or Hulu.

Looks rather good.
    A splash of Ghibli influence in that one, or just me?

The Premise reminds me a lot of James and the Giant Peach (albeit with balloons, not sea gulls)

Comment

The teaser looks amazing in 3D at the cinema. Pixar always push a new tech with their films, it's 3D tech for Up. The balloons look brilliant!

I kind of hope they show no more than the teaser shows. Don't really want to see where the old man ends up or anything!

Comment

that looks great, I've only seen the stills until now and the Pixar style just exudes character.

maybe pixar have been watching Castle In The Sky a bit recently ?

Comment

Yeah, can't wait for this!

Unfortunately, I do, for up to six months after the Americans get to see it.

Well, I don't, but I do.

Comment

I'm also looking forward to this. I'm sure I saw first glimpses of it a year or so ago, but didn't see the trailer until a few weeks ago on Wibble Wibble Film 2009.

This must be one of the last Disney/Pixar films? Or was all that nasty business between the two companies solved?

Comment

Yes, Disney bought Pixar for an enormous amount of money / stock. £5.4 billion ($7.4 billion at the time). Mental. Not bad when you consider Steve Jobs bought Pixar for $5 million and put in $5 million capital.

Comment

They are still going to use the Pixar name, right? Are the staff staying? I had no idea anything was changing. A Pixar flick is like a guarantee of greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                  They are still going to use the Pixar name, right? Are the staff staying? I had no idea anything was changing. A Pixar flick is like a guarantee of greatness.
                  Yes, Pixar films will still be 'Disney/Pixar' Although Disney bought Pixar the terms of the purchase were HIGHLY in favour of those at Pixar. John Lasseter is now basically the head honcho of ALL Disney animation and Steve Jobs is the single largest shareholder in the whole of Disney. This all happened a while back, Bolt was the first Disney movie that was under Lasseters key supervision.

Anyway, Up.... God damn I can't freakin wait.

Comment

Yeah, I loved Bolt and thought it was very Pixar-like when watching it. Seeing Lasseter's name in the credits made a lot of sense after the film, and it's great that he will be overseeing normal Disney films. Great news for Disney, and great news for us

Comment

Working...
                    X