Eastbound & Down (Danny McBride)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastbound & Down (Danny McBride)

Holy crap! Why didnt I know about this?/!
    Have to give some credit to evilboris, he showed me this promo/pilot bloody ages ago (last year even??!) when Danny McBride wasn't so "IN"
    With Exec-producers being Will Ferrell and Adam McKay and McBride getting more known, this has turned into a series, AT LAST!!! Cause that pilot made me want more of Kenny FU**IN POWERS!!!!
    All 6 Episodes have aired in the states and no one has mentioned it at all.
    Show is about a major league baseball player who is the best but slowly gets worse until he is forced to retire and get a job in a school as a sub PE teacher, he's a total hick twat though.
    Was recently taking on live about this, thought chat was about the pilot and not the series.
    They are ALL being watched tonight!
    Let a clip show you the way.....
    Last edited by Family Fry; 06-04-2009, 20:54.

Holy thread resurrection! (Or, oh ****, first reply the year after!)

Watched the season one box set of this today, back to back. Loved it in that horrible squirming, toe curlingly funny kind of way. Seemingly season 2 is coming soon, looking forward to it.

Comment

Season 2 is showing on FX now, ep 2 was on this week.

Love it, and if anything second series is funnier than 1st

Comment

All 6 Episodes have aired
        7 mate, watched them all in one go last week - utter genius, even better than the first. Although I thought the ending was a little...hmmm...inconclusive!

And yeah, this is easily the funniest comedy, along with Arrested Development, to come out of the States in years. Much darker than the traditional U.S stuff, much more British in feel I'd argue,
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I don't have sky in the London flat, so i'll wait for the DVD release again, good to hear though! I only found out about the show after an interview in shortlist.

Comment

I've seen the first episode of this and I just didn't take to it at all, really didn't think much of it and I usually like these US comedy type series.

Maybe it gets better but I just don't find the guy funny at all.

Comment

I found the first episode decent, but as it went on it got better. Special mention has to go to some of the outtakes on the boxset, I was buckled laughing. Will Ferrel's turn as the BMW dealership owner was brilliant, his speech before the pitch off was absolutely hilarious.

Comment

Working...
              X