Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning a GH guitar, advice

Hey folks,
    I've had an official PS2 wireless 'Kramer Striker' guitar for about 10 months now - I bought it on its own, without Guitar Hero III, and it used to work okay apart from occasional slight flakiness. Now however it's a different story - despite a battery change and a faff about with it, the fret buttons are very unreliably picked up by any compatible game you care to mention, which makes everything pretty unplayable.

The manual in the box (I've still got all the packaging and documentation and stuff) told me to go to Red Octane's support site, which then directed me to Activision's website, which then gave me a number to call. The guy on the phone told me that Activision/Red Octane only gave a 90 day warranty, which had obviously expired. When I questioned whether this was in the UK too, he told me I'd need to contact the retailer I bought it from for a replacement.

I bought it from Play.com, who are also giving me the runaround - they apparently only offer a 28 day return policy, so they won't take it back.

Help, everyone, what should I do? Surely 10 months is an unacceptable length of time for this to last for? I know a lot of people on here (Dazzyman, to mention one) seem to have a pretty indepth knowledge of consumer law, so I'd really appreciate some advice

Thanks.

Surely the hardware warranty on the device is longer than 90 days? I'm pretty sure Play.com are obliged to honour it, same as retailers have been with the 360 RROD situation.

Comment

I always thought it was a year for electronic goods such as TV's etc surely this comes under that as its a class b device (Wireless) it would fall in the same bracket as a radio, dvd player or something??

**you could always chance it and see if it will let you do the RMA on it for a WT guitar - It is faulty after all so the serial should pick up, its not like you are lying or anything**

Comment

Sale of Goods to Consumers act 2002. You have the right to repair or replacement (their choice) if the goods fail within a period of time you expect them to last (maximum of 6 years). I would expect a game controller to last several years. Tell them they are breaking UK law if they fail to either fix, replace or refund you and threaten prosecution in the small claims court. They'll never let it get that far.

Comment

Well, it is a Kramer..

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
            Sale of Goods to Consumers act 2002. You have the right to repair or replacement (their choice) if the goods fail within a period of time you expect them to last (maximum of 6 years). I would expect a game controller to last several years. Tell them they are breaking UK law if they fail to either fix, replace or refund you and threaten prosecution in the small claims court. They'll never let it get that far.
            I dont think Play come under UK Sales of Goods for being based in Jersey

Comment

Buy another, then return it saying the new one is faulty. Easier to lie a bit to get these things sorted.

Comment

Working...
              X