Baseball 09 is here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball 09 is here

So anyone planning to follow this years season?

So far theres been a few upsets already with Baltimore taking the NY Yankees to school, CC Sabathia with a poor start but had a good chance to redeem himself tonight against Kansas, 6-0 at the moment, bottom of the 9th.

I'm hoping to catch a fair few evening games on Sky this year, coverage is usually good though NHL is still getting alot of screen time at the moment instead.

Im hoping the Mets and Cubs can do well this year.

Depressing start to the year with that Angels pitcher getting killed.

Hey man - give the NHL a chance! It's nearly playoffs time! There was hardly any NHL on early in the season due to the climax of the baseball season!

Comment

Baseball - Rounders in pyjamas.

Comment

Is baseball only on Sky now? Was hoping to catch some games on 5 again but it doesn't look as if they're showing it anymore.

Comment

Funny you should mention the Baseball I've just been looking at 2K9 for the 360

I'd love to watch some as I havent been into it for a few years now but without paying for Setanta & NASN I doubt I'll ever get back into it like I used to be...in fact I'm so far behind the times now I couldnt tell you who any of the players are

Neil

Comment

Go Mets!!!

Comment

C'mon Boston!

We've had a crap start to the season, currently 2-3 with a .400 AVG and currently losing 4-3 to Anaheim

Lets hope things can pick up soon!

Comment

Boston Red Sox = My First Baseball Team (TM)

The team everyone abroad goes for, because they've heard of them. Arch enemies of the Yankees (My First Rival Baseball Team)

A bit like the Toronto Maple Leafs (My First Hockey Team), who 90% of hockey fans in the UK seem to follow and end up on holiday to, due to an imagination bypass.
                Typical exchange:
                "I'm going to Canada..."
                "Oh right, where?"
                "Deeerrr.....Toronto"

I think I'm going to Toronto next Easter.

I know a total douchebag that supports Boston Red Sux AND the Toronto Maple Leafs. Rumour has it that he gets his mother to wipe his arse for him, since he seems incapable of making independent decisions.

Comment

I'm following the Devil Rays only for the fact that i'm going to watch them against Boston in a few weeks.

Are they showing MLB on Sky Sports now or is it that ESPN channel you have to pay for separately?

Comment

Originally posted by Steakman View Post
                    I'm following the Devil Rays only for the fact that i'm going to watch them against Boston in a few weeks.

Are they showing MLB on Sky Sports now or is it that ESPN channel you have to pay for separately?
                    Its the ESPN channel I think.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                      C'mon Boston!

We've had a crap start to the season, currently 2-3 with a .400 AVG and currently losing 4-3 to Anaheim

Lets hope things can pick up soon!
                      They should do well tonight coming in after a loss, think Lester is starting tonight.

Comment

Absolutely amazing scenes at Fenway tonight. After 3 1/2 innings it was 6-0 to NYY. It's just finished 16-11 to Boston!!!

That's now 9 straight wins after starting the season 2 and 6.

At least one of my teams is winning at the moment.

Also gotta mention the Angels. What's happened to them? They usually rip the AL West a new one but are currently 6 and 10. Couple that with Seattle, Kansas and Toronto all over .500 and top of their divisions and things aren't right in the AL at the minute.

Still, all three should soon fall to their usual levels and normal service will resume unless any of them do what Tampa did last year and keep it up the whole season.

Anyone else been watching?

Comment

I was watching the Pittsburgh/Phili playoff game last night. Or at least I hoped to. Due to start at 12.30, I'd stayed up specially to watch it. By 1.30am I'd given up. Well done Setanta.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                            Absolutely amazing scenes at Fenway tonight. After 3 1/2 innings it was 6-0 to NYY. It's just finished 16-11 to Boston!!!

That's now 9 straight wins after starting the season 2 and 6.

At least one of my teams is winning at the moment.

Also gotta mention the Angels. What's happened to them? They usually rip the AL West a new one but are currently 6 and 10. Couple that with Seattle, Kansas and Toronto all over .500 and top of their divisions and things aren't right in the AL at the minute.

Still, all three should soon fall to their usual levels and normal service will resume unless any of them do what Tampa did last year and keep it up the whole season.

Anyone else been watching?
                            That was one hell of a game, NYY will be gutted if they can't get the win tonight after all the scoring they have done the last two games.

I know what your saying about LA Angels, they usually handle Seattle at home, 7-2 last season, though they are looking good today so far.

Comment

And Boston win 4-1 to make them 10-0 over the last ten games for a 'franchise' record for April. Lets hope this form can be kept up until October!

Also, been watching a few old episodes of Lost and the scene with Jack and Ben where Ben shows the video of the 2004 World Series still sends shivers down my spine!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X