Moving house / broadband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving house / broadband

Is there any real reasons why moving home and staying with the same broadband and phone supplier can take weeks and weeks to get connected?

I had to wait a week or more to even get the phone working even though there was already a dial tone and a number was assigned to it, surely that's just flicking a switch or pressing a button on some computer screen somewhere.

As for the broadband, I've been in the house over 3 weeks now and they are estimating that it will be active in another 3 weeks from now. The guy on the phone didn't really have a clue why it takes the time or what was happening. All he could tell me was that they were waiting for a letter to be sent to me, cheers, helpful.

Anyone worked in the industry and can shed a little light on this for me or just confirm that it's all bad processes and sitting on their hands that causes the time delays?

Who you with Al? sounds like propper shoddy service to be honest. I've just got Virgin installed, had to wait 48 hours for phone line to be connected and six days for the broadband installation.

Comment

I think the time they state on the phone is the SLA that BT give them. However, most often BT get it done quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
        Who you with Al? sounds like propper shoddy service to be honest. I've just got Virgin installed, had to wait 48 hours for phone line to be connected and six days for the broadband installation.
        Talk Talk, they've been nothing but great before and super cheap too. Just seems that any sort of efficiency in this instance is beyond them.

Your talk of virgin makes me jealous, unfortunately there isn't any cables in my village I really wanted them too and to use the TV service, nevermind.

Charles, BT solely own my exchange so it is having to go through them yes.

Comment

Working...
        X