Gameboy Player Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gameboy Player Impressions

I received my GB Player today from Priest (Tokuda's m8 ). It arrived bloody quickly .

Impressions are great, it does exactly what it is supposed to. It fits snugly to the bottom and two screws secure it in place. All games work (Jpn, US and UK) and the menus whilst in Japanese are easy to figure out.

The GBA shoulder buttons can be switched between the GC shoulders or the X and Y buttons.

More impressions later. More playing now .

Glad you`re happy with it

I myself am in a bit of a screwed situation because although I`m in Japan, I actually have a US unmodded cube (didn`t bother modding it as I also an a Q, which I use for my Japanese games).

I need to get myself an American GB player, but I haven`t checked whether they do these in silver (do they?).

I`ve tried out the GB player in the shops and its damn nice playing your games on a proper screen. When I do eventually get my GB player, I`m looking forward to playing Fusion and Zelda on my screen

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
      I need to get myself an American GB player, but I haven`t checked whether they do these in silver (do they?).
      Apparently the for the US unit, you can have whatever colour you want as long as it's black

Comment

Which is a bit of an arse ft: . Freeloader might work with the boot disc though.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
          Originally posted by Tokuda
          Apparently the for the US unit, you can have whatever colour you want as long as it's black
          **** ft:

Comment

he he he.....c', I like a little chuckle beofore I go to bed.

Comment

It does work with the Freeloader.

Comment

Isn't the GBA boot disk region free? That's what I heard. And does it fit on a Q?

Comment

No and No.

Comment

Is the hardware multiregion? Will a JAP Player work in my PAL GC (if i use Freeloader to boot it)?

Comment

Is the hardware multiregion? Will a JAP Player work in my PAL GC (if i use Freeloader to boot it)?
                      It is currently working fine on my NTSC cube with Freeloader.

I havent tested it yet on my PAL cube, but I assume it will work.

It does fit snuggly underneath and looks great.

I got the Hori pad with it as well and it is ideal to play GBA games.

Comment

how are the gba games on the tv thru the rgb cable are they sharp pic and nice colours ?

Comment

The gba games themselves are pretty nice through rgb,

The actual unit itself is well nice (mine is plat) on a US cube the thing boots fine with freeloader (1.06b) playing 3 player zelda with two SP's connected and a hori pad is very cool indeed.
                          Controlling the game with the SP feels weird as you have to look away from the gba screen which is a little odd for me.
                          But the Hori pad is pure oldschool digital goodness.

Pleased with it so far,

Only thing i noticed is the cart eject really spits the carts out nearly cleared 2 ft after ejecting.

The only reason i got a Jap unit was the US one is black black or black as someone here already mentioned.

Comment

Only thing i noticed is the cart eject really spits the carts out nearly cleared 2 ft after ejecting.
                            That can only be a good thing.

Comment

What colours do they do them in?

Is there a Spice one?

Comment

Working...
                              X