• Time
  • Show
Clear All

H2 halloween 2 - Rob Zombie's re-telling/remake

No release date planned for the UK yet, but due in the states 28th August

Internet Movie database

480p trailer - right click save as

**NEW TRAILER** - right click save as 480P

Synopsis: Laurie Strode is rushed to the hospital, while Sheriff Brackett and Dr. Loomis hunt the streets for Michael Myers, who has found Laurie at the Haddonfield Hospital

Now the first movie wasnt really a patch on the Carpenter original, but i found it quite interesting because there was alot of the Michael backstory which actually made the movie pretty okay in my book

now the sequel is here, the original Halloween 2 in my opinion is one of the better horror sequels and again in my opinion it's just as good as the first one (especially if you want to see boobies being boiled......)

now watching the trailer it now seems a few things are coming to light

1. his is almost maskless and at one of the points in the trailer he actually has more or less no mask at all - which is really one of the scariest things about him

2. his mother is telling him to get everybody a river of blood will bring us together *Cough* Friday the 13th *cough - he killed his family/sister because he hated them, why would his mother tell him to murder people - pretty much hope thats explained

another point not really attached to the movie as such, but why does he continually stick his mince actress wife in every thing he does, feck even a fake trailer for Grindhouse (Werewolf women) had her in it

Overall i'm looking forward to see Rob Zombie's Vision, just hope its decent

and its a shame for Malcolm McDowell as i believe he is a great actor, but he just ruins the part of Loomis - he certainly is no Donald Pleasence
    Last edited by buster_broon; 23-06-2009, 00:59.

His wife is teh sexay...

Comment

I can just imagine it in 10 years time, they will be remaking a remake of a remake. Anyway, the first film was utterly pointless. I dont see why we need to know where he came from ...that was the whole appeal of the character in the first place.

Comment

Thought the first film was pretty brainless but then again, 'invincible anonymous guy with knife' horror rarely interests me (although I enjoyed Jason X and Freddy vs Jason for the cheese factor)

Comment

Emos are morons and very depressing. They'll be making the remake of the remake of the remake - when it's the apocalypse. I hate their grim, juvenile outlook on life. In the same category as chavs: all of them need to be launched into space.

I feel sick when I watch emo garbage. I hope they go back under a rock next decade.

Comment

Rob Zombie is hardly emo.

Comment

Emos are harmless enough, well not to themselves obviously...

Comment

Hew trailer added to original post

seems the latest change is that it no longer continues on the same night like the original Halloween 2

unless i've totally mis-read the trailer

Comment

Saw this yesterday as, believe it or not, it came out on Friday. I have see NO marketing despite one poster at my cinema which has been up for two weeks. Never saw a trailer despite seeing at least 2 films each and every week. Basically, if you want to see it go this week as I don't expect it to last long!

Now, the film... I enjoyed it though it does go a bit supernatural more than I would have liked.

That was the only way the now dead mother of Michael Myers could have appeared, I suppose and he had to get Sherri Moon in there!

It is not set on the same night, with most of the film exactly a year later. Laurie finds out about being Michael's sister, Loomis is kind of a greedy bad guy and Michael ends up dead again.

Some strange choices with the direction it went, really. Hope it doesn't go too Friday 13th in the stupid terms but the ending

where Laurie looks like shes turning into a killer herself doesn't look too promising.

For better or worse, Rob Zombie has made it his own, in a big way.

Comment

I haven't seen either of the Rob Zombie Halloween films. What are they like in comparison the Carpenter original? I mean in terms of atmosphere, the 1978 Halloween had this spooky, clinical spartan feel about it that was very effective (even the sequels never captured this).

Also, how gory are the new ones?

Comment

Quite gory. When Rob Zombie does blood he uses a tonne of it. You know in half life where you could get a crowbar and beat bodies until the walls were crimson? It's kind of like that. This is Laurie after finding her best friend dead (sad smiley).

They have a dirty, sleazy feeling like all Zombie music and movies, a style I really like!
                      Last edited by cutmymilk; 11-10-2009, 14:45.

Comment

^Yeah, I'll have to check it out. Someone at work was supposed to be lending me the DVD but I never chased it up.

I think the original is kind of perfect but have heard lots of interesting good/bad things about the Zombie remake, and thusly I am very curious to see it.

Comment

I really didn't like the Haloween remake at all. It was double disapointment for me, as I love Haloween and I'm a fan of Mr Zombie as well, both musically and his previous films.

Comment

I thought it was terrible too. I thought the general idea of looking into his psychy was an excellent idea, then it kind of de-railed, then it turned into a photoshop of the original without the suspense. Personally i think all Rob Zombie's films are stinking piles of turds, he has no talent whatsoever.

Comment

But they are all very sexy, yes?

Comment

Working...
                              X