Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NBA playoffs thread

Anybody been watching this lately?
    From whichever service provider they can get that is. As i've been mainly watching highlights from NBA.com

The first round went like this:
    [the number in brackets denote how many games they won, out of 7]

Chicago Bulls (3) v Boston Celtics (4)
    Utah jazz (1) v LA Lakers (4)
    New Orleans Hornets (1) v Denver Nuggets (4)
    Dallas Mavericks (4) v San Antonio Spurs (1)
    Houston Rockets (4) v Portland Trailblazers (2)
    Detroit Pistons (0) v Cleveland Cavaliers (4)
    Orlando Magic (4) v Philadelphia 76's (2)
    Miami Heat (3) v Atlanta Hawks (4)

The pick of the first round for me was definitely the Bulls v Celtics matchup, where 3 games went into overtime, with game 6 going into triple overtime. Shame for the Bulls, as i felt they had the measure of the Celtics

Disappointments must definitely go with how tamely the (2004 championship winners) Detroit Pistons bowed out, in a clean sweep to the Cavs, who quite frankly look unbeatable with LeBron spearheading the charge.
    Also, disappointed at New Orleans, with the talented Chris Paul at point guard.

Well now we're onto the semi finals with:

Houston Rockets (1) v LA Lakers (0)
    Dallas Mavericks (0) v Denver Nuggets (1)
    Orlando Magic (1) v Boston Celtics (0)
    Atlanta Hawks (0) v Cleveland Cavaliers (0)

It's hard seeing anything other than a Lakers v Cavs final tbh. As the Cavs brushed aside the Pistons with ease, and despite the first game loss to the Rockets, i still think they will have them in 6 games.

Suprise team for me must go to the Nuggets.
    As for the first time in 5 years, they've progressed past the first round.
    Notorious for horrible defense, which looks to be a little better this time round with Chris 'the birdman' swatting pretty much everything that's thrown at him. Also Billups hitting eight 3-pointers in a single game against the Hornets, making Nuggets playoff history.

Though being a big Magic's fan (from the early days of Shaq/ Penny Hardaway and Horace Grant) i hope they win it. they look good, and amassed a 28 point lead over the Celtics until they nearly clawed it back.
    Last edited by jimtendo; 05-05-2009, 18:39.

i keep an eye on it, normally through various websites and RSS feeds on my iPhone - but yet again my Knicks are nowhere i honestly can't remember the last time they had any kind of decent run in the playoffs - from what could have been a dynasty team in the late 90's they have plunged into serious mediocrity, much in the same way the Bulls did.

Comment

some fellow bball fans my fav team are the knicks too, they are building a good young team , so maby in a season or 2 they will be in the play offs again,

i think there is a match tonight or at least highlights on channel 5

Comment

King James deserved the MVP award and if the Cavs go all the way I wouldn't be surprised if he gets Finals MVP too.

I wanted the Bulls to knock out the Celtics, what a series that was.

The Rockets take Round 2 Game 1 in LA. Have some of that Kobe!

I've enjoyed the Play Offs so far.

Comment

Working...
        X