Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Songs that touch you. (for whatever reason)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Songs that touch you. (for whatever reason)

There are so many for me. But I'll start this thread with one I can't remember going more than a week without playing in years.

Neil Young's Heart of Gold. no intro crap, no added stuff, just and only the song.

Reason..its so beautiful. (you can feel the soul)

If reasons are personal (I don't mean that patronising) Just post a song link up.

Peace. \/
    Last edited by ShadowDancer; 08-05-2009, 21:29. Reason: Tipsyness but meaningful error.

I have a couple for personal reasons also
    7th track of the album "Heavy Nova" (The name "Heavy Nova" derives from Palmer's love of both heavy metal and bossa nova rhythms) released in 1988.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0UZWywmavk
    Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

They meant alot at the time I first heard them, and they have stuck with me ever since
    Last edited by dvdmike; 08-05-2009, 22:15.

Comment

Good times. I still miss her.

Comment

I suspect most songs that touch you end up being for personal reasons, anyhow, incase people dont want to click the link :

Hurt : Johnny Cash

The real video, though the sound quality is bobbins, much better here

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post

Good times. I still miss her.
          I loved that song at the time

Comment

actually can't really listen to this song anymore, reminds me of my first year and uni when i kept having panic attacks and nearly killed myself
            Last edited by noobish hat; 08-05-2009, 23:13.

Comment

Thats nice, Sorrell. I always remember when I bought Sgt. Peppers. A day in the life, pratically the last track, feels like something is undfolding (insert > your life, joke here!) Such a fantastic record. Banned from the Radio playlist from what I have read, it includes the lyrics, I'd love to turn you on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiFYOn1AFms Fab song. Fab4 (well, definitely 5)

Comment

One of my favourite beatles songs too. Any Neil Young song is bound to get you too, Old Man, Out on the Weekend, Needle and the damage done, everything off Harvest really.

Comment

For all you dads out there

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Holio View Post
                    I suspect most songs that touch you end up being for personal reasons, anyhow, incase people dont want to click the link :

Hurt : Johnny Cash

The real video, though the sound quality is bobbins, much better here
                    Totally agree, I've always loved Cash (as did my old man) and this video leaves me in pieces on the floor every time...amazing stuff.

I'd like to put forward Ben Folds : Evaporated, and specifically the WASO performance with a full orchestra. When they kick in during the "I poured my heart out, I poured my heart out...it evaporated...see?" it literally makes every hair on my body stand out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gkgiRpkWAs (Has HQ version too I believe).

Comment

As a Beatles fan, I know a thing or two about Lennon's past and how his father abandoned him and his mother couldn't manage to look after him, so he had to live with his aunt. Therefore his two songs Julia and Mother really hit home for me.

Julia:

Mother:

Mother in particular really leaves a lump in my throat. The opening lyrics 'Mother, you had me, but I never had you' followed by saying goodbye to his parents then the final cries of "Momma don't go!!! Daddy come home!!!".

Man, when ever I'm feeling down it's worth listening to this song. Just to make you realise that whatever small thing you are feeling at the time, you've never had it that bad.

Comment

the most achingly beautiful song I know with haunting lyrics is Boy With The Bubblegun by Tom McRae, its a lovely acoustic number on the album and live becomes a slow burning 9 minute epic building to a snarling venomous climax

one of my fave songs ever, why this guy has never made it big is beyond me as a lot of his other stuff could easily go here.

its not on youtube but I'd also add Blue Valentines by Tom Waites and You do Smething To Me by Paul Weller
                        Last edited by merf; 09-05-2009, 10:57.

Comment

Two of the best songs from Roy Harper's amazing Flat Baroque and Berzerk. Davey is the one that really get's me, written about Roy's brother.

Comment

Cash cover of "In My Life" does me in proper. Also "Deeper" by Arab Strap, which makes me wish i were a nipper again.

Comment

All records in this thread are without a doubt full of soul.

I love Julia too....half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it just to reach you, Julia. Lovely chords in that song too, I have played it many a times on geetar.

The beginning of Mother is haunting and is such a deep record, that gets me because of the love I have for the beatles and John Lennon, and it is very sad. I wont even quote lyrics....but for anyone who hasn't heard it before..watch the vid above.

I'll start this Sunday Morning with something I find very beautiful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TWd3skb-Rw when you get this song, your life will begin. Of course, I have to say IMO as we always see things differently. I'm not saying you are wrong and I am right either.

Comment

Working...
                              X