Wired magazine Uk edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wired magazine Uk edition

Thought I'd start a thread for this mainly as I can't believe how good it is.

I know mags can start well and tail off a lot but if this can keep up its high standards of the first 2 issues its a winner.

I love the fact it isn't solely tech obsessed but interested in anything that's of the future.

There have been some longer articles too that are really diverse in subject matter but I've found them so interesting, there is a great one in issue 2 about a huge Antwerp diamond heist and great bits in the first issue about the bloke behind the Tesla car and boat salvage (trust me more interesting than it sounds)

Anyway just starting this in hope it may tempt some others in as really hope it does well. There was a big gap left when Arena magazine went recently and this offers the great articles and high standard of writing that could contain occasionally, just more of them, and no pictures of men in pants holding brollies.

If its your thing the early subscriber offer is also very good value

website is worth a check too

We bring you the future as it happens. From the latest in science and technology to the big stories in business and culture, we've got you covered.

It's funny that you've posted this, because each time I visit my local WHSmiths I look for it but never find it & I've been wanting to check it out. They used to stock it ages ago, but it disappeared & I kind of assumed that it'd gone subscription only. I see that a years subs is only ?24 which seems pretty good value.

Comment

it had a few uk issues in the 90s, i think smiths imported the US edition and pulled it in prep for the Uk relaunch last month

the sub is excellent value, I've never found so much to read in a mag

Comment

I haven't checked out the UK edition yet but the latest US one is great. Guest edited by J.J.Abrams (Lost, Fringe, Star Trek) it's all about mysteries. A good read.

Comment

Focus is also a great monthly read. Very similar to this with a bit more emphasis on science.

Comment

Working...
          X