Official Ultimate Fighter 9 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Ultimate Fighter 9 thread

(I couldn't find any specific threads, so here we go...)

Right, I've finally caught up online with this latest series (I'm in Korea - no telly so don't know if it's being shown here). So far I'm impressed; they're shwoing a good deal of the training and the issues leading up to the fights without focusing on the silly immaturity that has taken up too much airtime on past seasons.

Some pretty big names have emerged from previous seasons of TUF; is there anyone you're tipping for greatness this time round? It's very early to say, but I think James Wilks (UK) looks good - excellent jiu-jitsu and a very level-headed approach.

I'm enjoying Bisping as a coach, too - he doesn't take himself too seriously and the UK challengers seem to be genuinely pulling together as a team so far,

There is some talk on the show in the MMA thread.

I've not seen the new episode from a couple of days ago yet, but last weeks, tooth stuck in mouthgard and coughing up a tooth bits were pretty grim.

I've thought from the start the Brits were more up for it and organised than the Americans, who mainly just seem to want ten minutes of fame on the telly.

Bisping is quite a funny guy. Henderson isn't his biggest fan lol.

Thought season eight was the best season so far, some right characters and serious fighters in it. Well worth grabbing if you're stuck for something to watch.

Comment

Just watched episode 8. Really interesting seeing the problems Jason Faulkner has with his gumshield - certainly psychological rather than anything physical.

Jason Pierce (the guy with staph) seems like a bit of a whiner. "Putting on socks hurts..." Constantly negative. I think he'll be gone next episode.

I like the constrast between Henderson (slightly baffled grandpa) and Bisping (hyper no-nonsense Clitheroe man).

Comment

Pierce needs to go yes, he is on a right downer and anyone can see he doesn't really want to fight. Decent fight in Ep8, though 45 minute show is a bit too long for just one fight, prefer it when there is two per episode.

Comment

Just saw this week's episode - two UK fighters in the lightweight final! Excellent stuff.

Comment

Thanks for that. Not. Spoilers would have been nice.

Comment

Indeed seeing as where a week behind with Virgin!

Comment

Whoops. I thought everyone watched it online straight away...

Comment

Well, the finale show was brilliant. Glad

2 Brits won - the VS aspect made this series brilliant for me.

Clay Guida v Joe Stevenson was one of the best fights I've ever seen, too. A tremendous WAR~!

Comment

Working...
                  X