• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V remake

Tried searching for a previous thread, but its kinda hard to search for 'V'

Trailer for the new series

Info nicked from Wikipedia

V is an upcoming television series remake to be broadcast ABC sometime in fall 2009. It is executive produced by The 4400 creator Scott Peters and is based on the science-fiction franchise created by Kenneth Johnson.

Premise

The world awakens to find spaceships hovering over all major cities. Though the aliens claim to come in peace, some do not believe them. Homeland Security agent Erica Evans discovers that the aliens have plans to infiltrate our governments and businesses in a plot to take over the planet. Erica joins the resistance movement, which includes Ryan, an alien who wants to save humanity. However, the aliens have recruited earth's youth, including Erica's son, to serve unknowingly as spies.

Cast

The cast list was officially announced by ABC on May 19, 2009:[1]

* Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica Evans
    * Morris Chestnut as Ryan Nichols
    * Joel Gretsch as Father Jack Landry
    * Lourdes Benedicto as Valerie Stevens
    * Logan Huffman as Tyler Evans
    * Laura Vandervoort as Lisa (an Alien)
    * Morena Baccarin as Anna (the leader of the Aliens)
    * Scott Wolf as Chad Decker (reporter)
    * Alan Tudyk as Dale Maddox (FBI investigator); Tudyk stars in the pilot episode,[2] but was not listed as a main cast member by ABC.
    Last edited by Orgun; 22-05-2009, 11:43.

awesome was 1 of my favourites well the final battle was the series ran out of ideas makes you want to watch it again heres a link to get you in the mood

Comment

clicky for V thread

i watched it when it was originally shown in 1984 when i was in hospital with a broken leg

just great TV

I think Vandervoort is stunning (Lisa and Supergirl)
      Last edited by buster_broon; 21-05-2009, 09:47.

Comment

V is my all time sci-fi fave, I agree that the series ran out of steam but the guy behind the original had left the studio, I think that's the main reason why the series sucked.

Still love V, but I get nervous with remakes as classics should be left alone, IMHO.

Diana was hot in the original.

Comment

Remember watching it at my uncles (RIP) when I was 10 and we where all glued to it. It actually unerved me at the time and I was fed video nastys up their on holidays every year with no issues lol

Worry about a remake though.

Comment

Loved watching V, my memorys vague for it now though, all I can remember now is motherships, Lizard people eating rats and that freddy kruger guy.

Comment

V was awesome...i'd love to watch it again now but fear tarnishing some great memories.

Comment

Originally posted by xist View Post
                V was awesome...i'd love to watch it again now but fear tarnishing some great memories.
                Go for it, I watched it again last year and loved every single minute. As others have mentioned, just avoid the tv series and stick to the original and Final Battle.

I got hooked and watched the series as well but it is definitely of inferior quality compared to how great the starting episodes were.

Comment

That looks better than expected

Comment

The missus loved watching V back then, me I thought it was awful. Still I reckon the remake has balls, at least for casting an actor named Morris Chestnut.
                    Gets my vote

Comment

Originally posted by Ian(not Ian) View Post
                      The missus loved watching V back then, me I thought it was awful. Still I reckon the remake has balls, at least for casting an actor named Morris Chestnut.
                      Gets my vote
                      Wasn't he the lead singer of The Time ?

Comment

How weird. I was sat in the bath before and i was thinking of V, lol. Remembering the Jewish guy who said "V, for Victory". I'd love to see a remake. I remember Donovan, the guy played by Michael Ironside and Donovans bird who looked like a young Sharon Stone. Well fit at the time and i would have tackled that brunette lizard bird as well

Also, wasn't there a follow up series to the original V. I seem to remember watching it.

Comment

I love how most of the people here are so positive on the quality of the remake. Didn't we do this when the remake of battlestar was first announced and the news slipped that Starbuck would be a woman?

Comment

I remember watching this a little kid. I can still remember, the two main arguing alien women. Robert Englund the nice alien ? Along with Singer. I'm sure there was an episode where they wanted to do a little cross-breeding with humans and my Mum wouldn't let me see !?

Comment

A trailer is up

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              X