Graphic novels on Blu-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphic novels on Blu-Ray

Doing a feature and don't want to miss out on anything. Anyway, can you think of any graphic novels that are available on Blu-Ray. So far I have

The Spirit
    Sin City
    30 Days of Night
    From Hell
    A History of Violence
    Batman Begins/Dark Knight (sort of)

um, err, um

I'm sure there's plenty of manga being done in a 'motion' format on blu ray. Definately are visual novels.

Comment

V for Vendetta

Comment

Quite literally the Watchmen: Animated Comic.

Watchmen itself from next month.

Comment

Hellboy
          Bulletproof Monk

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
            Hellboy
            Bulletproof Monk
            nice didn't realise Hell Boy was a graphic novel, thought it was a comic!!!

Comment

It has had both, most graphic novels are collections of comics.
              The Spirit was a comic strip

Comment

I guess you could list Wanted:the film. Wanted the comic was also released as a collected work.

Comment

I'm going to go for a couple of obvious ones with Akira & Ghost in the Shell.

Ghost in the Shell and it's sequel aren't out over here until September (I think) though. They're probably going to confuse the hell out of some people though as the first one is called Ghost in the Shell - 2.0 Redux and the second is called Ghost in the Shell 2 - Innocence!

Comment

What about Batman Gotham Knight, short stories told about the Batman Universe using different types of animation. Some are really awesome, some are really bad.

Worth a look if you love Batman and it's cheap enough.

Comment

Virtualy every comic/superhero film in existance really, as they have nearly all been graphic novels at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                        I've always thought Graphic Novel is just a term people use because they're embarrassed to say they read comics.

Comment

Spawn make it to blu-ray? I certainly hope not >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                            Come on Darren, you can't be doing a feature with than naivity!!!

Watchmen was a series of comics, then it was collected into the graphic novel (as said above, a more adult term for 'comic').

I think what you may be looking for is a limited run of comics made into one or two graphic novels?

Saying that there were loads of Sin City comics so I don't really know what you mean!

Comment

[QUOTE=cutmymilk;1544863]Come on Darren, you can't be doing a feature with than naivity!!!

QUOTE]

Don't worry I've spoken to Dave Gibbons who has told me exactly what the differences between a graphic novel and comic book are. I can right that article now...

Comment

Working...
                              X