Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solid no frills Mobile phone recomendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid no frills Mobile phone recomendations?

My current Sony Ericsson is doing my head in. It's really slow and i'm having all sorts of problems with it (messages missing, recent calls not being remembered etc).
    I've had it for some time and i fancy something new.

I'm not after anything fancy. Just a solid phone, with a decent camera (nothing special) that is simple to use. I've tried a couple over the past few months but they've been far too complicated and have all sorts of crap i don't need.

Please help, ta.

SE K800i ? still got mine, bit chunky but very good all rounder.

Comment

Personally I'm loving my W910i. 3g slider, fairly thin, nice big screen, clear menu. Only annoyance is that the buttons a flush (sucks a bit for games).

I got it for £100 9 months ago, can probably get it cheaper now (or get a newer version).

Comment

For me you still can't beat the Nokia 6230i. Small, light, everything on it and very easy to use. Best phone i have ever had and still use one for work and keep a brand new spare in my wardrobe.

Pick em up on the bay for buttons now.

Comment

Nokia 6500 Classic gets my vote good screen, decent camera, fantastic size and build quality. The build quality is the main point for me as I despise plastic phones, the 6500 classic has a nice metal body. Cost around ?100 new now.

Comment

I've got a W910i and its a decent phone but it constantly crashes. It can be just sitting there doing NOTHING and it will just reset itself, with a little red LED on the back lighting up. It's a very common problem with the phone and it requires a battery removal and restart. This happens most days.

It's 18 months old now and I am getting the iPhone 3GS next week, but if I wasn't, i'd probably go for the Sony W950i. It's another slider phone, but with 8mb camera and some other features. You can get it for free on most contracts.

I've not had a Nokia for years and years but apparently they are pretty good, apart from the N series, but they are "no frills" mobiles so that wont be a problem for ya.

Comment

Cheers guys. Off to Ebay to see what takes my fancy.

Comment

Nokia 6300 is the successor to the excellent 6230. It is the best plain handset I have used.
                Sturdy metal body, great sound quality and long battery life. Can be picked up quite cheap on PAYG now too.

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena View Post
                  I've got a W910i and its a decent phone but it constantly crashes. It can be just sitting there doing NOTHING and it will just reset itself, with a little red LED on the back lighting up. It's a very common problem with the phone and it requires a battery removal and restart. This happens most days.

It's 18 months old now and I am getting the iPhone 3GS next week, but if I wasn't, i'd probably go for the Sony W950i. It's another slider phone, but with 8mb camera and some other features. You can get it for free on most contracts.

I've not had a Nokia for years and years but apparently they are pretty good, apart from the N series, but they are "no frills" mobiles so that wont be a problem for ya.
                  Upgrade the firmware, apparently fixing the random resetting ( I don't get it at all)

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena View Post

Mine only started resetting after about 9 months use. Even then it's never crashed on me when I'm on a call or using the phone. Otherwise then that, I think it's a great phone...apart from the Camera and the fact that you don't have a bog standard jack for headphones.

I'm tempted by the W995 myself for my next phone, if I can be arsed signing another 18 months of money away!

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
                      For me you still can't beat the Nokia 6230i. Small, light, everything on it and very easy to use. Best phone i have ever had and still use one for work and keep a brand new spare in my wardrobe.

Pick em up on the bay for buttons now.
                      My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Working...
                      X