Confederations Cup 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confederations Cup 2009

This is the FIFA tournament between the champions of the 6 FIFA confederations, World Cup winner and host. Its all being covered on the BBC, either via the website or red button. Currently I'm watching South Africa vs Iraq, which is poor. But later tonight at 7:30 Italy are playing on BBC3.

Anyone else interested in this? Its not really important, but its still football so I'm happy

Probably watch the Italy game, footy is footy after all and there's bugger all else on.

[edit] Actually, the BBC have Spain v New Zealand down for this evening, Italy play the USA tomorrow.
    Last edited by Flabio; 14-06-2009, 15:34.

Comment

Yeah I got it wrong, sorry.

SA vs Iraq just finished. Poor poor game really, the last 15-20 minutes was SA pushing for a goal but had no real chances, apart from one where a goal bound header was cleared off the line by the dudes own player.

Spain vs New Zealand at 7:30 our time, BBC 3. Should be a good game I reckon (better than the rubbish I've just seen anyway)

The game is replaying on the red button if you're interested in watching it.

Brazil are playing tomorrow, 3:00 kick off. Shame I'll be at work.
      Last edited by Adrock; 14-06-2009, 15:57.

Comment

Yup, I'll be watching all the evening matches that are on telly, need something to help with footy withdrawal symptoms!

Comment

16 minutes gone and 3-0 to Spain :/

Torres hat trick. This has to be the most one sided game I've ever seen.

Comment

Make that 4 lol.

Comment

The other group is much more interesting - Brazil, Italy, the violence of USA and the skills of Egypt.
              NZ are nowhere near the quality of Spain - glad they scored early.

Comment

Yeah, it's a shame the groups are so lopsided. Looks like Spain are just going to have a ton of shooting practice in their matches!

Italy vs USA should be a good match this evening. Their match at the 2006 World Cup was great, in a car crash kind of way

Comment

2-1 Brazil after just 11 minutes.

Kaka first, Zidan second, Fabiano third if anyone cares.
                  Last edited by Malavon; 15-06-2009, 14:15.

Comment

streaming here

Comment

Originally posted by analog dog View Post
                      streaming here
                      http://www.atdhe.net/
                      It's on BBCi

Comment

3-3!

2 goals in 1 minute.

Some guy from Middlesborough and Zidan again.

Comment

Ah balls, last minute winner for Brazil from the penalty spot! A real shame, a draw for Egypt after being 3-1 down would have been a superb result.

I'm only looking at texts updates, was it a definite handball for the penalty? Have to ask as Howard Webb is the ref and he has previous

Comment

yeah defo handball great game!

Comment

Yup, no doubt it was hand ball despite the Egyptian player clutching his head. Still, it was going in anyway so if he hadn't done that they'd still have lost. At least he gave them a chance, albeit at the expensive of the next game (1 game suspension?)

Comment

Working...
                              X