Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Job, employer has used wrong NI number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Job, employer has used wrong NI number?

Help... I've recently received my first months pay having started a new job and the employee for some reason has used the wrong NI number. I've now recieved a letter to my home address saying that my saving are now have to be taxed...!!!

The lady that deals with payroll is on holiday for 2 weeks and nobody else can help me with this problem. I've phoned the number on the letter I received but they were no help at all just saying they would send me out confirmation of my tax code and this will take up to 14 days.

Is this something that my payroll department should be able to resolve or have they just caused me a whole world of pain?

I've never been out of work and have always had the same NI number so it's only last months pay which has been put on the wrong number.
    Last edited by Unwell Cat; 15-06-2009, 09:16.

If I'm correct, you're Payroll department will need to update you're records to get you on the right NI number. Until that's all sorted you'll be emergency taxed which you'll be able to claim back but the tax office takes forever to process.

Comment

Working...
    X