Kick Ass Action Movies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kick Ass Action Movies!

Looking for recommendations for some kick ass action movies! (forgive me for being all american) Seen the classics, Commando/Predator/Rambo's etc etc but hungry for more, i like my action films from the 80's/90's but any time frame is fine as are genres, (except kung fu) thanks in advance.

Get some Van Damme cheese with the classic Hard Target which interestingly enough was directed by John Woo. Comes in for a lot of stick but I always found it entertaining plus it has Lance Henriksen in.

Even the trailer is win.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Ajay1986; 17-06-2009, 19:51.

Comment

I was surprised to find myself impressed with the comparatively recent Crank, considering I usually don't go in for any of this modern crap. Very funny too.

Comment

Dig out some Chuck Norris classics. There's a bunch of DVD collections I think. I bought one a while back for my father-in-law. Not sure he ever watched them. But, yeah, you can't go wrong with Van Damme.

Comment

chuck norris is the man

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because Chuck Norris only recognizes the element of surprise.

Comment

Where do you start, theres loads:

You have probably seen most of these anyway and its hard without listing the outright obvious like Die Hards, Star Wars, Batman, Lethal Weapons, Gladiator etc etc. So...

The Rock
            Con Air
            Last Boy Scout - Very very funny and underrated action comedy with bruce willis
            Aliens
            Independence Day
            Indiana Jones - Raiders
            Armageddon
            The Wild Bunch
            Any which way you can
            Every which way but loose
            Heartbreak Ridge
            The good, the bad and the ugly

The Arrival - Not outright action but a good alien thriller with Charlie Sheen
            Enter the Dragon
            The Thing
            Starship Troopers
            Leon
            Westworld
            Pulp Fiction
            Dawn of the Dead
            REC
            Evil Dead
            Man on Fire
            Repo Man -
            One of Chuck Norris' first
            Point Break
            Taken - Liam Neeson. Awesome film which i'm amazed at how many people still haven't seen

Probably gone a bit off track but there loads that i would class as action
            Last edited by NemesiS; 17-06-2009, 20:31.

Comment

If you dont mind reading your movies then you need to hit up the Heroic Bloodshed movies of John Woo et al like...

A Better Tomorrow Trilogy
              Hard Boiled
              The Killer
              Bullet in the Head
              Young & Dangerous Trilogy
              City on Fire

Then when your done being amazed at how great they really are you can look to America for ultimate cheese along the lines of...

Kickboxer
              Awol
              Bloodsport
              Marine (John Cena is a suprisingly good Arnie Replacement)
              Crank
              JCVD
              Universal Soldier
              Red Dawn
              Escape from New York
              Escape From LA
              Hard Target
              Face Off
              Ronin
              Heat

Like Nemesis said the list just goes on & on, but they should get you started

Neil

Comment

They Live
                Escape from New York
                Escape from LA

The Thing

I’d recommend the new Punisher film also.
                Last edited by Kit; 17-06-2009, 21:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  They Live

I?d recommend the new Punisher film also.
                  Not seen They Live for years. Great Film or am i looking through a pair of those dark glasses they wore with a rose tint, lol.

I actually think the old Punisher with Dolph Lundgren is better than the new version

Comment

Soldier!

Kurt Russell always a badass.

Comment

I'm gonna kill 'em all, sir.

That's a rubbish film, but it scores + 10 because it has Michael Chiklis crying because Kurt doesn't like a pretty scarf he makes him, and Sean Pertwee getting blown to bits. Again. Plus KR looking so pumped he resembles a pile of swollen sausages stuffed inside a big bag of swollen sausages.

I recommend Tango & Cash. That film has everything, including KR dressed as a lady. Never have I been so tempted.

Comment

It also has Jason Scott Lee and direction by Paul Anderson, you know the pure quality right there. With Pertwee in the mix you can't possibly go wrong, his vocal power nearly makes me purchase a Panasonic plasma nightly.

Comment

Shoot Em Up? Also a kick ass soundtrack.

Comment

Shoot em up is pretty fun yeah...

Another recent action film I actualy liked alot was Punisher: War Zone.

Its the kind they dont make much nowadays, very violent and some hilarious moments of dark humour... Much better than either of the other punisher movies as well...

Comment

Action Jackson with Carl Weathers and Red Scorpion spring to mind. Nothing beats Commando tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X