Psychoville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychoville

Dark horror-comedy from Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton of The League of Gentlemen.

This is the new show from half of the league of gentlemen, I'm a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned it. They even managed to get Dawn French in it!

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the league and this is brilliant as well, the first new episode was on thursday, sadly at 10pm hidden away, so I have to Sky+ it

The premise is simple, somebody is sending all the main characters a letter simply saying "I know what you did". It's littered with the usual league-esque style characters, the mummy's boy nutcase, the blind nutcase, the female midwife nutcase...you get the point.

It's really well edited together as well, looks lovely in HD with surround sound as well!

I particularly loved the scenes with Lomax and the scenes with the mummys boy David having his shirt tucked in!

Anyone else watch it, what did you think?

I recorded it, but have yet to watch it Looking forward to though.

Comment

Quality I thought. Better than LOG. This and Being Human are the only things I've watched on TV in a long time.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

this was brilliant

really hope they have a story to go with the vile characters this time.

i found it genuinely creepy in places,especially Dawn French and the kiddy entertainer, Mr Jelly with his bag of a hundred hands.

top stuff

Comment

Great show

Comment

Really enjoyed this, can't wait for the next one!

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              Quality I thought. Better than LOG. This and Being Human are the only things I've watched on TV in a long time.
              Seriously? did you give league of gents a chance? the first 2 seasons & the radio show are comedy gold, oh, and the Xmas special. The rest (movie and series 3) is a bit like comedy marmite.

Comment

Series 3 was one of my favourites, very well written I thought.

The film was atrocious though, can't believe they put it out!

Comment

I'm gonna keep watching it, but it definitely felt a bit like it was trying way too hard to be odd and I don't really remember laughing once.

Not a patch on TLOG...yet...and even that wasn't as perfect as its multitudinous fanboys would have you believe (but I still liked it lots).

Comment

The first episode was very good, managed to introduce all the characters into it smoothly and pleasingly. It'll be better now they've got the intros out of the way I reckon.

I also believe its a bit different to LOG. That was more of a sketch show to me. It had continous storylines throughout but it was still sketches, this appears to have a main narrative driving it.

Everyone who got the letter seems very deranged except the dwarf. Did he just get it because he did pr0n? Unlikely, there is more to his powers methinks.

Comment

Can't wait for it tonight. Didn't realise that tonight's show had already been show though (via red button). Guess it might be the same tonight for next weeks? Bad habit to get into though

Comment

I don't see it on red button? I wish this wasn't on so late though, I always have to record it and watch the next day.

Comment

Well, when I watched last weeks it said you could watch this weeks on red button right now.

Comment

Ah right, like they did with the last series of the league...it was only there and then if I recall.

Comment

really enjoyed this again, its very reminiscent of the 1st series of LoG for me in that you watch it, squirm/laugh and generally wonder what the hell is going on.

loved Mr Jelly facing off against Mr Jolly at the school this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X