Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can 1p buy you these days?

This should be fun!

I can't even remember the last time I saw 1 penny sweets at my local corner shop.

What can 1p buy you these days? And 1p bids on eBay don't count as with most stuff you have to still pay postage.
    Last edited by MarioMark; 25-06-2009, 10:41. Reason: Edited

I bought a load of energy saving light bulbs for 1p each at Tesco last year. Mind you, they were "reduced to clear" lol.

Comment

The school shop where I take my daughter to ballet each Saturday morning has 1p sweets. Other than that nothing springs to mind, can't remember the last time I saw something in a shop for 1p... although I don't go to shops very often.

Comment

I wish I could buy those 1p bubble gum golf balls again

Comment

Don't they do cheap flights from time to time on easy jet or ryan air for a penny with a massive *asterix* next to it?

Comment

As in:

* - price doesn't include £499 airport tax

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
              As in:

* - price doesn't include ?499 airport tax

You knows it! I think you can still get penny sweets in some newsagents......... BUT I heard on teh radio this morning that Pic N Mixs are back, as Wolworths is online now lol........

Comment

No fountain nearby, to toss it into for luck ?

Comment

1p will buy you any number of struggling companies

Comment

The fans bought Brentford FC for 2 quid a few years back (including ~?10m of debt but that's our version of airport tax).
                    Hmm... not a lot for 1p, most 'penny' sweets I see these days are 5 sodding p and any that are marked up as 1p I don't trust coz they're probably old and minging.

I'm all for discontinuing 1p and 2p pieces for cash payments. No problem to have an exact amount if you pay by card, but I think for cash we should go the Australian route and round up to the next 5p and get all that crap out of circulation. It can't be economical to manufacture all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                      Don't they do cheap flights from time to time on easy jet or ryan air for a penny with a massive *asterix* next to it?

Comment

1p could buy you a wish. I think wonderboy said this also. A wish is a wish.

Comment

Or you could put it in a piggybank, could come to a tidy sum. In these times...

Comment

I tried to buy a penny sweet recently..it was 2p...wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                              1p could buy you a wish. I think wonderboy said this also. A wish is a wish.
                              Give a man a wish and he can dream for a day...

Comment

Working...
                              X