Midtown Madness 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midtown Madness 3

It finally arrived on my doormat this morning, after Game managed to somehow screw up my order, and I've had a quick blast around in a Beetle. Would anyone like to come and show me the sights tonight? :P

Anyways, add me if you play it, I need some buddies!

Tag of Parry you say? I'll try to get some time in tonight, then. 'iainl' if you want to friend request me.

Comment

Well, played a few games of hunters and stay away, and it's great fun... whilst it works. I keep getting dropped from games halfway through, and half of them I can't even connect to. It displays various messages, from "game is not available" to "you have been kicked" when I din't get the kick message upon leaving it. Half the time I get a "Could not connect to XBox live, do you want to go to the dashboard to resolve this" message when I'm dropped.

Is this a known issue or is my connection playing up?

Comment

I occasionally get the 'this game is not available' message, normally if I'm trying to connect to a game thats inbetween games, but not the others. Sounds like either a flaky connection, or possibly the server you connected to is flaky.

Comment

By the way, I'm running it right now in a window (my monitor is also a TV), if you fancy a game.

Comment

I'll be right there :P Not very experienced though.

Comment

add me if you like and ill be on tomorrow.

KingMike1

Comment

Well, I can only manage about 10 minutes in any one game before it disconnects, and I then have to log back in to XBL from the main menu. I've not had this problem with the mechassault demo (the only other game I've played at length on Live), but I had a similar problem with the MotoGP demo where I couldn't connect to many games.

At least there are plenty of friendly Brits playing, it's great fun whilst it lasts

Comment

Yeah, sorry I missed you - I only happened to notice you arrive as I was logging off for bed in the end.

Comment

There seem to be a rediculous amount of French people playing Midtown 3, yet I can't remember hearing any other foreigners speaking a different language. I don't speak French, but I can remember a very small amount of the vocabulary I learnt back in secondary school a few years ago, so I have to resort to shouting some of these phrases down the microphone.

I'm sure they all have a good laugh at me shouting "La grille! La grille!" and "La bibliotech noir!"

Comment

Bah, that's it, I'm sick of the constant disconnections and inability to connect to 60% of games. I've tried the Mechassault demo again, and I don't have the constant disconnection problem, so I guess it must just be this game.

Looks like I'll have to send it back. Luckily Game handily enclose a label with free postage to return things, so it won't be a problem. Shame though, I had such high hopes, and really did enjoy it when it worked ft:

Comment

Its the same for me. I find it incredibly hard to get in to a game. All i get is game no longer available for most.

Just keep trying dude its worth it.

Comment

I know it is, but when I finally get into a game, I rarely get to see it's conclusion. It's damned annoying, as it's a hell of a lot of fun whilst it lasts. Besides, I have a few things I could rather do with the money for. I'm sure I'll re-buy it at some point when I have some spare cash.

Comment

Working...
                          X