Downgrading to Sky Freesat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downgrading to Sky Freesat

Has anyone downgraded their Sky package to the Sky Freesat one? I.e Sky's offering of Freesat.

Don't watch anything other than the first few channels, and CBeebies (love me some Mr Tumble) so don't see the point paying for it anymore.

If you did, can you still use the recording functionality of your Sky box?

Cheers.

They charge you for Sky+ so I'd doubt it.

Costs something like £12 for them to send you a freeview card

*edit*

yep they still charge £10 a month for sky+

However If you disconnect the phoneline and remember to keep it disconnected, they never have to know ^_-
    Last edited by abigsmurf; 02-07-2009, 20:26.

Comment

It's never plugged in! So if I get a freeview card off them (which I will no doubt have to go through a 30 minute conversation to get) then I'm good to go?

Comment

I'm surprised they haven't charged you actually, they usually moan at you and add a tenner to your bill if you don't plug the unit into the phone socket.

But yeah, I *believe* you're ok. may be best to cancel sky+ after the card arrives.

You will get lots of "why do you want to quit?" and they will probably offer you discounts on your subscription, seem to remember Sky is a 'local rate' helpline too

Comment

Well I have Sky+ HD, so I think I don't have to pay for the "+" bit anyway, as I currently have one of the movie packages? I think anyway...

Will give em a call and see what's what then. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X