cool robot films?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool robot films?

Looking for recommendations. And I'm not talking about stuff like Terminator, or Transformers, where they're just going around blowing **** up, although that is cool. I want films that are closer to reality, if you get what I mean. Stuff like Bicentennial Man, and A.I. (although the second half of that was ****).

Robocop and Robot Jox! AMEN!

ok robot Jox aint close to reality really.........

Comment

I enjoyed 'I, Robot' personally, seems to fit your description(ish). Supposed to be a great Blu-Ray as well.

Comment

Not exclusively about robots but there's classics like Alien and Aliens with androids.

Comment

Hmm, I wasn't too enamoured with I, Robot, probably cos I was expecting an actual adaptation of the book, rather than just ripping off the title and sticking it on an series of action scenes. It was pretty good at what it did though, I guess.
          Robocop has the best of both worlds, I think, in terms of violence and also robots as new technology.

Comment

I saw a film once where a robot ran a house and become involved with a girl who lived there - when I say 'involved' I mean it ****ed her and knocked her up! Think its called Demon seed or something like that.

Westworld (that one before Jurassic Park with the bald dude in it) has robots and there is some ****ing in that too (tho its humans doing it to robots this time)! Worth a look imo.

Comment

wasn't demon seed a hentai movie?

Comment

Maybe, it could have been called Robot Butler Baby, saw it along time ago.

Silent Running had some rad little robots in it and let's not forget the robots in Star Wars - oh they were droids...
                Last edited by spagmasterswift; 03-07-2009, 17:21.

Comment

Screamers is a worth a watch, all about robots.

There's also Virus which is total rubbish but enjoyable rubbish.

Comment

aww I came in here wanting to say robocop but got beaten to it.

erm, erm , I can't think of any that haven't been listed already

Comment

Oh sweet, it's based a philip k dick book, and has peter weller. I'll watch that.

Comment

I watched that when it came out in a cinema in Amsterdam while drinking a beer. Don't remember it being all that good tbh.

What's that film about a big arse robot that goes mental on a spacestation - Unicorn6 or something like that? I'll have to google all these halfbaked suggestions when I get in - my memory is rubbish!

Comment

My favourite subject!

Short Circuit 1/2
                          The Black Hole
                          Silent Runnings
                          Batteries not Included
                          I Robot
                          Metropolis
                          Westworld

I saw one where some Kids dad died and got reincarnated into the body of a crappy home project robot they made. I'd love to know what that was called.

Comment

Hardware
                            Runaway
                            Robot Jox

Comment

Space Camp had a little robot in it, sends the boy into space.

Comment

Working...
                              X