Daytona USA 2001 Time Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytona USA 2001 Time Attack

I thought it was about time we revived one of the greatest arcade racers ever for some time attack. So the setup is Using the original Hornet on medium tyres. Also we are using fixation laps on each course. Here are some quick times i set, they shouldn`t be to hard to beat . Also i don`t know if it`s just me but just recently going back to this title i think the graphics actually look far nicer on daytona than AV more recent effort, F-Zero GX

Three seven speedway (8 laps)

Overall time 2'19"625 Kubrick
    Fastest Lap 17.140 Kubrick

Dinosaur Canyon (4 laps)

Overall time 3.06.984 Hodge
    Fastest lap 42.158 Masterchief

Sea-side street galaxy (2 laps)

Overall time 3.35.578 Hodge
    Fastest lap 1.44.748 Hodge

Had a go on Daytonna and used all the specs you said

The Three Seven Speedway

Overall time: 2.23.974.
    Fastest Lap: 17.215.

Comment

Managed to do a 17.171 on three seven speedway, i took it you did your fastest lap on the last lap through the pit lane Set a new fastest overall as well.

Comment

It's a beautiful Sunday morning, Im off out later and I woke up by trying to beat these times! Dam it Hodge!

Three Seven Speedway - 8 laps:

Overall time: 2.21.098
        Fastest Lap: 17.205

Dinosaur Canyon - 4 laps:

Overall Time: 3.08.145
        Fastest Lap: 42.158

Bugger! I wanted to get the three seven peedway down to at least 17 secs. Im so close!

Comment

Sub 17 is very possible on Three seven you just got to make sure you don`t hit the patch of grass on the exit of the pitlane and make sure you take the last bend at a decent speed but it`s easier said than done

Comment

I can walk all over those times but my save games got corrupted so all my times are wiped.

Comment

Remember we are only using Hornet, medium tyres on all tracks not any car you want. I could easily lap faster on all these tracks if i used rule of the 9th, Grass hopper, lightning etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodge
                Remember we are only using Hornet, medium tyres on all tracks not any car you want. I could easily lap faster on all these tracks if i used rule of the 9th, Grass hopper, lightning etc.
                any particular reason this is limited to only the Hornet?
                why not open it up a bit?

Comment

I'll have a blast tonight to see what I can do. I've hardly played it since I got it a couple of weeks ago though, so I'm probably going to lag waaay behind you lot :P

Comment

any particular reason this is limited to only the Hornet?
                    why not open it up a bit?
                    Just thought i would keep it within the style of arcade game using only the hornet and thought others might not have rule of the 9th or some of the other cars unopened.

Comment

If people are wanting to use any car i`ll more than happily change the rules

Comment

I'd rather keep it all on a level playing field

Then the skillz can shine!

Comment

just been trying this...i'm hopeless

on dinosaur canyon my best is 3'26"328
                          it took me quite a few goes to even get round within the time limit.
                          I've totally forgotten how to play the game.

Comment

You`ll find the handling very twitchey if you haven`t played it in a while, it`s best if you have a dc pad with a stiff analog stick which stops you being heavy handed with the handling. Hey masterchief could you tell me how you did that 42.158 on dinosaur canyon as i can get no where near it. I`m in the low 45 second bracket and thats with out a mistake, i can`t see where your making 3 seconds on me?

Comment

Three Seven Speedway - fastest lap: 18:342

Then again, I only had 2 laps, will play more later

Comment

Working...
                              X