Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you feeling about your team's chances next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you feeling about your team's chances next season?

On a scale of 1 (doom and gloom) to 10 (think we'll go unbeaten all season).

A 4 for me. Undecided about the new manager, but the team are weaker than the West Brazil side two years ago. With two big clubs having been relegated with us, I think play-offs is realistic for us.

Mid table consolidation, unless Liebherr lets Pards spend a couple of quid on a decent centre half, a bit of steel in midfield and a proven striker (presuming Rasiak and Saganowski get sold). Going Saturday. Millwall at Saints, lunchtime kick off on same day P**pey host Rangers for a "friendly". "Theeeeere may be trouble a-heeeeeeead..."

LOL

Comment

Peterborough United... 5.

The team changes haven't filled me with confidence, we've gone up to the Championship and rather than buy players with experience of this league, we've continued our policy of untested young players. This has done us well in the past but in the Championship? I'm worried. Saying that, our style of football should be better suited to this league than Leagues One and Two and so this should hopefully at least see us cement our position in the league as something to build from. I've got faith in Ferguson, and we've still got an awesome strike partnership in McLean and MacKail-Smith.

Can't be worse than last time we were in the second tier.

Comment

Don't forget George Boyd, your best player I reckon. Should create plenty for Mclean and M-S. Your lad between the sticks is no bad either.

Watch Adam Lallana, Lloyd James, Kayne Mclaggon (when his ****ed achilles heals) and Morgan Schneiderlin for Saints this season. Should all do well in Division 3. Especially Lallana.

Comment

We've (Bolton) signed a few average squad players in Robinson, Ricketts and Zat Knight. I think we've also signed a few that will definitely improve us in Sean Davies and Lee Chun-Young.

Mid-table shouldn't be to hard for us, especially given teams like Portsmouth destroying themselves before the season starts.

I just want survival and some kind of cup run, we've gone out first round (or close) in every cup in the last two seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
            Don't forget George Boyd, your best player I reckon. Should create plenty for Mclean and M-S. Your lad between the sticks is no bad either.
            Definitely right on Boyd, when he's on form he's awesome, hopefully it happens more often! Lewis, well, he has potential. He'll be immense if he cuts out the errors he was making last year

Comment

We have apparently snapped up Tunisian ex-Trotters CB Jaidi who was released by Brum. May be ok at our level. He is a big old unit and no mistaking.

Comment

I've honestly no idea. We've lost our manager, our best striker and the best midfielder outside the premiership last season.

On the plus side - we've got Paulo Sousa as manager, he has signed Jordi Lopez who looks good. Nathan Dyer is playing incredibly well, he is frightening to watch at times. I think we will struggle to score goals, having said that Sousa has us playing a more direct passing game which should have us creating more chances.

I think we will finish 12th.

Comment

I always knew Dyer was going to deliver. Damn the turmoil of the last 4 years. Imagine if we had stayed up with him and Walcott on each wing. *waves fist at god*

Comment

8 for Chelsea. I think we've the most complete squad in the league at the moment and we ended last season on a high. It all depends on how our new manager copes but at the moment we're at least partial favourites.

We've come as close to getting a champions league trophy in recent years as you can get. It seems to be bad luck that keeps us from winning it rather than being outplayed.

Of course if the manager is another Scolari, it could be a long season...

Comment

7 for Forest, we seemed to break out of the mentality of ****e that we had towards the end of the season, and bar defence the manager has strengthened the team in most positions.

Reckon we'll be just shy of the playoffs.

Comment

Manchester United: Champions 9

Yeah we've lost Ronny (a big loss) and Tevez (meh). But if Owen and Berba can score 25-30 between them to compliment Rooney, and Nani and Valencia can weigh in with a few as well, i can't see us finishing outside the top two and imo, i think we'll be champs again. Theres nowt wrong with our defense and its still the meanest in the league and usually the team with the fewest conceded = Champs.

Comment

Manchester City: No idea, but wouldn't rule out top 4

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
                            ... if Owen and Berba can score 25-30 between them to compliment Rooney...
                            That is a massive if.

Comment

I think Man U will struggle as they've no what I would call pure goal scorers. Rooney has had lots of very long dry spells and if Owen couldn't make a mark as the only quality player newcastle had, even with better delivery I can't see him ramping it up, even if his fitness holds.

I think Man U will have lots of tense 0-0 at 80 minute games

Comment

Working...
                              X