Champions League 2009/2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champions League 2009/2010

Final qualifying round draw has been made, and look what it's thrown up.

Arsenal v Celtic.

Hohoho...

The battle of Britian ho ho ho indeed

Comment

Awful draw, if Arsenal win, people wouldn't be bothered, if Celtic win, they'll never hear the end of it.

Amusing though.

Comment

LOL. Very true

Comment

Draw time!

Any unseeded but strong teams to worry about?

*edit*

Real Madrid aren't seeded. erk
          Last edited by abigsmurf; 27-08-2009, 16:19.

Comment

Wolfsburg. German champions. In pot 4. Be afraid.

Comment

Man U get bye agains! lol

Comment

Seriously, you write off Wolfsburg at your peril. They're only in pot 4 because they've never qualified for Europe before. They're one of those teams where a millionaire has walked into some tiny lower division side and just poured cash in until they're top of the league.

Liverpool's is doable, Arsenal's looks like a cake walk, and Chelsea will be a bit miffed, they probably have the toughest one of the English sides.

Comment

Arsenal and Liverpool defnitely look to have to have got the easiest draws of the 4 English sides. For Arsenal I think AZ Alkmaar will be their toughest match. Could be an unknown quantity.

I was quite confident about Man Utd's group (although mid-week travels to Russia and Turkey are never ideal) but as Flabio said, Wolfsburg could be a real wildcard in that group. They're not German champions for nothing. Would think qualification is still possible but wouldn't be surprised if we didn't walk out top of the group.

Chelsea have definitely got it hardest of the English sides. Porto and Atletico Madrid are both capable of giving them a good game and whilst again I expect Chelsea to go through, they could definitely have got an easier passage to the knockout stages.

Rangers have probably got it easy as they could have hoped for really. They've got a chance but I predict 3rd place for them.

The real glamour ties have actually been drawn in the groups with no British teams. SOme really good matchups to look forward to.

Comment

Here's the full list

A:Bayern Munich, Juventus, Bordeaux, Maccabi Haifa
                    B: MANCHESTER UNITED,CSKA Moscow, Besiktas, Wolfsburg
                    C:AC Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille, FC Zurich
                    D: CHELSEA,FC Porto, Atletico Madrid, APOEL
                    E: LIVERPOOL,Lyon, Fiorentina, Debrecen
                    F:FC Barcelona, Inter Milan, Dinamo Kiev, FC Rubin Kazan
                    G:Sevilla, RANGERS,Stuttgart, Unirea
                    H: ARSENAL,AZ Alkmaar, Olympiakos, Standard

Man Utd should cruise it , Rangers have a chance and group F death group already
                    Last edited by MisterBubbles; 27-08-2009, 17:02.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post

Man Utd should cruise it , Rangers have a chance of europa league football and group F death group already
                      fixed

Comment

Re Fixed
                        Man Utd should cruise it , Rangers have a chance of WINNING the Champions league and group F death group already.
                        nice work buster even made me chuckle.
                        p.s can't resist this 1 , we have more chance of winning it than Celtic
                        Last edited by MisterBubbles; 27-08-2009, 17:22.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                          Re Fixed
                          Man Utd should cruise it , Rangers have a chance of WINNING the Champions league and group F death group already.
                          nice work buster even made me chuckle.
                          p.s can't resist this 1 , we have more chance of winning it than Celtic
                          thats even funnier

just to change it again We've won it one more time that Rangers

touche i think you will find

Comment

I'd expect Chelsea to go through but two decent teams kinda reflects our typical Champions league luck. No doubt if we're through we'll get Liverpool, Barcelona and Man U sin some order.

Must suck more to be FC Rubin Kazan though. Talk about a group from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                              I'd expect Chelsea to go through but two decent teams kinda reflects our typical Champions league luck. No doubt if we're through we'll get Liverpool, Barcelona and Man U sin some order.
                              If you wanna win the Champions League you will have to face, and beat, the best teams at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X