X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 component cable / PS2 - PS3 save file transfer thing

As topic - looking for

- a PS2 component cable
    - one of those things that lets you transfer PS2 saves to a PS3 (and vice versa)

Am going to see my PS3 60gb and get a slim, but need to get those PS2 saves off the PS3 first!

Willing to pay hard cash, of course.

That's not an official cable and it's for PS3, but it I grabbed one and it works great on my PS2. Ignore the sole review, and BTW the cable provided is that with the grey bit on the end and not the "Mr Hazelton" ones.

Comment

Originally posted by dinsdale View Post

Am going to see my PS3 60gb and get a slim, but need to get those PS2 saves off the PS3 first!
      A USB stick is what you need. The PS2-PS3 save file transfer thing is to get saves off a physical PS2 memory card onto a PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
        A USB stick is what you need. The PS2-PS3 save file transfer thing is to get saves off a physical PS2 memory card onto a PS3.
        Ta for the replies. On this one - is there a different way to get the saves from the USB stick onto the PS2?

Comment

Sorry to Butt in, so Mr Pavey, what you are saying is that if i stick my usb stick in my ps2 i can trasfer mysave from my ps2 to the stick, then put it on my PS3?

If that is true, the PRAISE the LORD!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
            Sorry to Butt in, so Mr Pavey, what you are saying is that if i stick my usb stick in my ps2 i can trasfer mysave from my ps2 to the stick, then put it on my PS3?

If that is true, the PRAISE the LORD!

Nope 112, you can only tranfer the PS2 saves from PS3 HDDs to (other or new) PS3 HDDs. You still need a wee adaptor for transfer from proper PS2s.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by dinsdale View Post
              Ta for the replies. On this one - is there a different way to get the saves from the USB stick onto the PS2?
              Don't you want to get them onto the new slim though (PS3)?

This is getting confusing.

Comment

nope (!) - I want to get them onto the new PS3 and then onto a PS2

Comment

Working...
                X