Just Picked up my SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Picked up my SP

That's about as much as I can say... the look of the thing is great. Already a number of collegues at work, who previously haven't been "into" gaming have decided to get one. The light is great, the screen is clearer and the feedback from the controls is great.

I'm really pleased and I simply won't go back to my old GBA now... that'll be constantly plugged into the cube as my e-reader for animal crossing..

Anyway, I'm very impressed... also.. over the last few days, quite a few guys in here have bought cubes, taking advantage of Argos' offer and a few are now considering SP's. My 30 quid rebate voucher for the cube was snapped up within about 30 seconds of my email being sent out to the office...

things on the way up?

Comment

I ordered mine months ago but forgot where I ordered it from. I actually wanted to cancel it but it was despatched from Play.com on Wednesday!

Comment

Got mine last-night from my local indie. Very nice it is too

Comment

lack of headphone jack really doesn't bother me... looking at the back of the SP, take away the space for the cart, the space that the battery takes up (and associated internal gubbins), then there's the guts of the doofer itself... I really do think that they'd have trouble getting the headphone socket in there... I also reckon that it's pretty clever that the power adaptor, headphones and undoubtedly some other stuff that'll appear in the future all use the same proprietary connector.

I can now leave this sitting on my desk and folks come up and say "cool.. what's this".. rather than laugh at me for having toys.

Comment

played on one earlier which in a way was very dangerous bearing in mind I`m still recovering from carrying let alone buying Steel Bat.

Wanted to love it. Didn`t. Just didn`t feel as nice to hold as a normal GBA and I wasn`t overkeen on the play of the shoulder buttons. Which is good, because I couldn`t afford it anyhow.

Sonic Advance 2 seemed very nice tho`. I guess I`ll get a couple of games and afterburn my gba at some point instead...

Comment

Nice cartoon JRM

Comment

anyone know where i can get a headphone adaptor ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_T
                  anyone know where i can get a headphone adaptor ?
                  I bought mine from Goblin - they're charging in the region of ?8 if I remember correctly. Took about 3-4 days to arrive.

Comment

re: Headphone Slot. There is no way they could have fit one in the main hardware. No chance in hell. Looking at the dissected GBA on Lik Sang it's impossible to find the space - the thing is packed tighter than a slut at an orgy!

Nice try Gabe, but there is a whole lot more to not including a headphone slot than ****ing over kids.

Comment

Stating that there's "no space" for a headphone socket is missing the point by a STAGGERING amount...

It's a portable games system and MUST HAVE a headphone socket, so if you didn't leave any space to include one when you designed the system then you are a moron frankly...

It's not going to stop people buying it tho - so Nintendo won't suffer (sadly) - indeed they'll profit from the extra expenditure on the connector thingy (surprise surprise - Nintendo screw their customers AGAIN!)

I should warn anyone playing one next to me on a bus/plane/train/queue thinking that 'plinkety plink' noises won't bother me will need to consider how they're going to get their SP out of their arse later tho

TTFN

JP

Comment

Originally posted by therealjohnpeat
                        It's a portable games system and MUST HAVE a headphone socket, so if you didn't leave any space to include one when you designed the system then you are a moron frankly...
                        Really? I must have missed that 11th Commandment...

Anyway, while I'm a huge fan of game music, most GBA music is criminal to an extreme level. To be honest, I don't see what the fuss is about - but some people will complain about anything.

--Ed

Comment

Stating that there's "no space" for a headphone socket is missing the point by a STAGGERING amount...

Don't be absurd.

To make room would have made the machine bigger by at least a centimetre widthways and a centimetre deeper. You might as well be carrying a brick in your pocket.

Gunpei Yokoi never included a headphone socket on the Wonderswan either, simply because there just wasn't any room inside and an adapter would help preserve the ergonomics.

Comment

People do seem to be jumping at the chance to bitch about the headphone adapter. Yes, it means we have to pay an extra ?5 or so - but is it really such a war crime? I don't want to have to fork out either, but the way people talk about it, you would think it's a sin equivalent to child peadophilia.
                            "They've added a couple more problems, just so we'd know it was still from Nintendo." I mean, really. We all enjoy a whinge, but this seems to have gone all out of proportion. ft:

And didn't Redeye describe it as the 'ultimate upsell' a month or two back? An extra ?5 for an adaptor is the 'ultimate upsell'? Shows how little we've got to complain about, really.

Comment

Then the adaptor should be in the pack.
                              The original GB had headphones in the box.
                              And nintendo don't even supply cases for their games anymore. That is stupid for portable games IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X