Dodonpachi Daioujou vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodonpachi Daioujou vids

At least some of them are - my work PC doesn't display Jpn characters so it looks like a mess..

株式会社アリカの公式ホームページです。 当社は家庭用、業務用、スマートフォン向けの様々なゲームソフトを開発しています。

Can someone explain the Donpachi game system to me - never played one before & it looks like manic bullet ballet to me (loads of fun) - is there anything I should know, prior to dealing out hot laser death to anything in my way?

A - Fire, Hold it down to get the laser
    B - Bomb, when used whilst firing with laser the laser becomes massive so cool for boss combos, use normal bomb to clear the screen
    C - Is rapid fire so best to use A to quickly change between laser and shot

There's a combo meter, kill an enemy and it fills but decereases as time goes by without a kill. So effectively you have to be destroying something every second to keep it topped up. This is ****ing hard but very satisfying, the bigger the combo the more points you get. Needless to say you to master this to score big. Boss combo bonus is seperate and you get more points for killing everything. Daioujou also has hyper bonuses that multiply the hits meaning more combo. The bonus is accumaltive so getting 3 hypers then activating means a ****ing immense combo potential. This is an exclusive mode to the home version though.

The Dodonpachi series is just a great example of why Cave are so ****ing great. They rock the genre with DDP, Ketsui, Dangun Feveron and ESPrade (without the slowdown this would be my favourite ever). Graphically they make Psikyo look stupid. Their style usually involves pink and blue bullets. Damn intense also with that patented Cave slowdown. Start with DDP on Psone as the Saturn version is a joke.

Hope this helps.

Comment

mumblemumbledodonpachisupportedinmamenowmumble

Comment

There's also the element of the hidden wasps on the stages

You have to pulse the laser shot once quickly in front of (near invisible) wasp icons. If you learn where they all are on a stage + keep the combo going + get a good shot down rate - your score is ridiculous!

Dodonpachi on Final Burn for the Xbox is near perfect! LOVE IT!!!!11 That and ESP Ra De are pure heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by mid
          mumblemumbledodonpachisupportedinmamenowmumble
          Which has way too much slowdown on Xbox and looks a mess on PC. Get it on PSone, it's an amazing port.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
            There's also the element of the hidden wasps on the stages

You have to pulse the laser shot once quickly in front of (near invisible) wasp icons. If you learn where they all are on a stage + keep the combo going + get a good shot down rate - your score is ridiculous!

Dodonpachi on Final Burn for the Xbox is near perfect! LOVE IT!!!!11 That and ESP Ra De are pure heaven!
            Yeah and finishing the boss off with a laser bomb shot = carnage. Love that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidez
              Which has way too much slowdown on Xbox and looks a mess on PC. Get it on PSone, it's an amazing port.
              Cheers for the info Sidez, very nicely put - can I just clear something up; is the PSone game Donpachi or Dodonpachi - as I can only find the first one available?

Also, don't spose anyone would know if it'll run on a messiahed PS2? (my PS1 has long since died)

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel
                Cheers for the info Sidez, very nicely put - can I just clear something up; is the PSone game Donpachi or Dodonpachi - as I can only find the first one available?

Also, don't spose anyone would know if it'll run on a messiahed PS2? (my PS1 has long since died)
                Dodonpachi on PS1 is WICKED and runs perfect on a Messiah'd PS2 (as does everything blud! )

Comment

Get both the PSone Donpachi and Dodonpachi. The latter is fairly rare and both piss on the inferior Saturn versions. The PSone is a lovely machine for 2D, the PSone versions are better than the arcade revs as the remastered the sound in stereo and took out the slowdown. You'll love them man, they're so much more satisfying than Psikyo stuff. Donpachi is slightly less intense at first (maybe boring but once you get to stage 2 it's carnage XD) but a brilliant example of the genre. Way underrated.

Comment

Cheers peeps - I've PM'd that man Tokuda to see if he can help

Comment

Donpachi is about 1500Y but DDP will be at least 7000-8000Y.

Comment

If you want to remove all slowdown from MAME...

Download the latest cheats.dat

In Default Game Options (MAME32-specific, different versions require different methods), navigate through and enable cheats.

Start up a slowdown-ridden game such as Dodon or Metal Slug 2

Hit the ` key (above Tab) and use the up and down arrows to navigate through to CPU0 overclock and overclock to 200% Some games, such as Neo Geo titles have more than 1 CPU, so overclock each of those as well.

Voila! Dodonpachi with no slowdown.

Remember you'll have to tweak each time you play.

Comment

Start with DDP on Psone as the Saturn version is a joke.

I disagree - the Saturn version of DDP is fine - the saturn version of DP is terrible though - the slowdown is a nightmare especially in tate mode.

Just pre-orderd DDP Daioujou - can't beat the series for arcade blasting action.

Comment

I love this game!

I play it along with Ketsui almost everyday now. I can get to level 5 on each with 1 credit.

I saw this complete robot guy complete this game twice on 1 credit (the game runs through itself twice before finishing) in the main retro arcade in Akihabara. In this arcade, they keep above each shooter, the 3 highest scores of achieved on that particular game in that arcade. Consider, that this arcade is particularly notorious for those who are sick in the head at shooters.

This guy clocked the 2nd biggest score ever, and I swear some of the bullet patterns he was dodging could not be seen by the naked eye- it was THAT unbelievable. For example on the final boss, the boss has this constant bullet stream that is so fast, the naked eye can`t discern the gaps. To survive this part you have to really concentrate and move through the stream every so often. This guy was doing it with aplomb and although Japanese people are usually very passive looking when watching games, even this crowd of people watching him were visibly shocked and amazed at the intense level of skill on show.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how is Donpachi pronounced? Is it Don-pa-chee?

Tokuda - did you get my PM?

Comment

Working...
                              X