Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenal Thread

Couldn't find a season thread for the gunners but think they're gonna have an interesting season so thought I'd start one.

Major news is Ashley Coles gone and William Gallas (plus ?5million) is in. Good deal in my view, because Ashley cole would've just moped all season if he stayed. He's done great for use in the past seasons but what kind of arsenal fan (which he's always said he is) would join chelsea for any other reason other then money. Gallas meanwhile is versatile at the back and Clichy looks very promising.

Also Reyes gone, Baptista in. Will be good to see if Baptista can make more of an impression then Reyes.

Glad someone started an Arsenal thread. I was gonna do it but couldn't be arsed in the end! :P

Anyway, I think the arrival of Gallas is fantastic. I hope he's excited about coming too as it makes all the difference in my opinion. I'm hoping he becomes a regular figure along side Kolo and he should fit in well with the large French group in the team. He's a friend of Henry I hear (who isn't!).

Glad Cole has ****ed off. The bloke can go and earn his 90k a week wages and continue to sell his pictures to Heat magazine for all I care. What happened Ashley to dedication to the club you said you loved so much?

So looking at our team now, I would say the first XII for the next game should be:

------------------ Lehmann ----------------

---- Hoyte --- Gallas --- Toure --- Eboue

Ljungberg --- Gilberto --- Fabregas --- Rosicky

------------------ Baptista --------------------

------------------- Henry ---------------

I'm not too sure on the fitness of Baptista and Gallas but it would be nice to see them start or at least play some part in the game against Middlesborough (score depending). I'm not too sure if Baptista has played much in front of the midfield but it would be interesting to see him behind Henry making it a sort of 4-4-1-1. Who knows! I don't think it's wise at the moment putting him in for Gilberto or Fabregas.

Hopefully the international games won't give us many problems in regards to injuries too.
    Last edited by thebuddahman; 01-09-2006, 13:11.

Comment

I reckon you guys done better out of the deal than Chelsea did personally.

Baptista and Gallas are two decent acquisitions with Baptista serving as a good folly for Henry potentially and a solid pairing of Toure/Gallas at the back.

Comment

Originally posted by jezzace
        Couldn't find a season thread for the gunners but think they're gonna have an interesting season so thought I'd start one.

Major news is Ashley Coles gone and William Gallas (plus ?5million) is in. Good deal in my view, because Ashley cole would've just moped all season if he stayed. He's done great for use in the past seasons but what kind of arsenal fan (which he's always said he is) would join chelsea for any other reason other then money. Gallas meanwhile is versatile at the back and Clichy looks very promising.

Also Reyes gone, Baptista in. Will be good to see if Baptista can make more of an impression then Reyes.
        Read Sol Campbell. AKA Judas

Comment

Glad Cole's gone tbh. Always amazed me how overated he was- yay he gets forward well, but he cant defend, and I reckon he'll struggle to nail down a regular place in Chelsea's back line.

Comment

I think it is a good deal for us.......we needed a quality centre back now. Even if we got ?20 million or whatever amount was being talked about would we have been able to have got hold of a decent centre back? Curtis from west brom? not proven at the highest level in my view.............

Comment

I'll personally go for this myself.

..........Lehmann
              Eboue..Kolo...Gallas..Clichy
              ....Hleb..Gilberto..Cesc
              .............Bap
              ......RVP........Henry

Comment

Originally posted by Taeko
                I'll personally go for this myself.

..........Lehmann
                Eboue..Kolo...Gallas..Clichy
                ....Hleb..Gilberto..Cesc
                .............Bap
                ......RVP........Henry
                Clichy is still injured and Hleb will still be on international duty I believe.

I don't think Mr Wenger is going to shake up the formation and get rid of out-and-out wingers. It's not wise to suddenly go from playing wingers to putting everything down the middle through Baptista.

Comment

Wooohooooo finally a win in the Premiership, at Old Trafford no less, and without Henry and van Persie. Hopefully we can kick on from here for a top 2 finish.

Comment

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Cloud.
                    ****ing.
                    NINE!

Comment

wooooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo

just found the thread im a 6 year season ticket holder and was there on sunday in manchester going crazy

also if anyones intrested i run my very own arsenal fc forum

www.arsenesarmy.com is the address

all gooners welcome

Comment

Game was brilliant on saturday, great atmosphere once we scored aswell!

Comment

Now Henrys bagged one in open play - all be it a header!

Im confident once again in our abilities

Comment

Another header from Henry....Cross from Eboue was an absolute peach!!!!! Very impressed with our performance last nite, apart from RVP's sitter....Getting our momentum and confidence back now. Especially in the new stad.

Comment

we look good again, I just wanna more of 'the beast'

Comment

Working...
                              X