Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (spoilers spoiler tagged please!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider-Man: Far From Home (spoilers spoiler tagged please!)

So this was released yesterday, and now I can finally talk about it!

I really liked how everyone forcing Stark's legacy onto Peter had him running away like an actual teenager. I didn't like how MJ suddenly went from cool to awkward in about 5 seconds. E.D.I.T.H. was a funny acronym, and a little sad at the same time. The whole "Peter Tingle" thing got a bit annoying, but Jon Favreau's Happy was as consistent as ever.

The Mysterio set up was thought out well, although perhaps having only the elementals in the trailer might have been better? We all know Mysterio is a badguy anyway, so we (I for sure) were just waiting for him to turn. I felt that the use of BARF was a bit beyond what was believeable, even if the tech was basically things we had seen in previous Marvel movies.

I did like that Mysterio was just one person with a bunch of others behind the scenes, all of who felt they had been wronged by Stark in some way. Them not being able to take revenge on Stark then spilling over to Peter and associates instead.

Also, that end credits scene with JK Simmons had the whole screening clapping!

Overall, I enjoyed it. Not too many comedy moments to spoil the flow, but still a strange choice with Mysterio.
    Last edited by kryss; 03-07-2019, 13:38.
Working...
X