Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detroit : Become Human

No thead for a 1st party AAA game.
    Looks like they have a flop on their hands.

Gotta love me some David Cage, so picked this up.

The game starts off on a really high point of the same mission from the demo, it quickly resorts to having you QTE clean houses and do other tedious gesture based padding. If you've played Heavy Rain, the you might rememember the happy golden start of the game where you get Ethan ready for work and clean the garden.
    It's actually more tedious this in this one, but hey at least you get to do it whilst admiring some of the best graphics and HDR content that money can buy.

The graphics themselves are incredible, just as previous games have been, however we are still lodged firmly in uncanny valley a lot of the time, with lip syncing particular not being quite as good as you might expect.

David Cage claims to have avoided watching/reading other similar content, but unfortunately so far the game lands squarely into all of the same tropes as other media in the same genre. It feels immediately similar to Real Humans / HUMANs Tv series . 2 of the main characters are in almost Carbon copy situations at the start of the game to the charactesr from those series.

You have Marcus who is a carer Android for an old man
    Kara who is a maid for abusive man- Kara has been taken in for repair and has had her memory wiped.

Everything is firmly falling within the realm of Blade Runner, AI, I, Robot and Ex Machina at the moment.

I'm Keen to play it some more and see how the story becomes it's own thing.

It's installed and ready to go. Just knackered after the post-holidsy tidy up.

Hoping to start it tonight. The demo was great. If you like that sort of thing (which I do).

Comment

Purchased on Saturday.
      Been playing it for approx 12 hours and nearing the end.
      Echo what you’ve said so far about the game.
      Overall the storyline is interesting and graphics are brilliant in 4K, ashamed to say I’ve never played Heavy Rain but I’m really enjoying this game. The use of the ‘flowchart’ after every level which shows the decisions you’ve made,allow for playing through again by making different decisions but tbh I’ll just be playing through the once.

Comment

Everything Quantic dream have done has been garbage. I expect nothing more from this one!

Comment

Originally posted by sanjeev View Post
          Purchased on Saturday.
          Been playing it for approx 12 hours and nearing the end.
          Echo what you’ve said so far about the game.
          Overall the storyline is interesting and graphics are brilliant in 4K, ashamed to say I’ve never played Heavy Rain but I’m really enjoying this game. The use of the ‘flowchart’ after every level which shows the decisions you’ve made,allow for playing through again by making different decisions but tbh I’ll just be playing through the once.
          I like the flowchart too, it at least gives you an insight into the fact their may be different events or triggers in a particular area or sequence.

Comment

Playing this since last Thursday.As Boris has said,graphics and hdr are spot on and I’m enjoying the game.Think I’m nearing the end but with the flow chart it shows quite a bit of replay ability.

Comment

Just done the prologue which was the demo. Managed to do a couple more things though.

My goodness it is a stunning game. The eyes are ridiculously good.

Music seems good too.

Comment

I don't think the characters are the most impressive part, it's the environments.

Zlatko's Mansion looks like REMake prerenders do in my mind.

Comment

Done and dusted.

Overall I really enjoyed it. Short and sweet (approx 9 hours) but as mentioned before, I went back via the flowcharts and made a few different decisions to get a different ending.

The storyline was good, however being honest I was getting tired towards the end with regards to the QTE events and lack of user control.

A good solid 7/10 I’d say.

Comment

The story picked up, I actually thought it was pretty good come the end. The game gave me enough control over what I wanted to do to move me away from the more tropey stuff.

Graphics really blew me away, the areas of the strip club (rolleyes) and Jericho were amazing, I could swear I was watching a film at times.

Comment

Great to read the positive opinions here. Really looking forward to playing this (I loved Heavy Rain).

Comment

Finally got around to starting this last night, mostly past the initial sections for each of the three main characters. The game is visually very nice, it seemed a tad low res at first but it's for the best as it helps a lot of the imagery seem pretty natural. Nothing original as yet about the story and it feels like it continues on close enough from Beyond's gameplay but I'm enjoying it and will put aside the half dozen or so other titles I'm picking at to focus on this till it's done. The flowchart is nice, just to have the reassurance about the number of outcomes etc. I've no interest in replaying any sections, I did that to 100% Heavy Rain and by the end it had pretty much destroyed the initial experience so I find these are best experienced as one whole then walked away from which I'll be doing again here. Solid first impression from the game though.

Comment

I'm getting into the tail end and I think the games main mistake at this point is the three character split. Whilst not new to Cage games, following multiple leads is just making me feel like the game only goes surface deep with each one and there's not enough time left for it to turn that around I guess. I'm definitely enjoying it but it's starting to feel like he needs to evolve the game part of the experience more next time.

Comment

Finished this last night and it was a solid enough game. The way I got through it meant Connor kind of bowed out in a very undramatic manner missing pretty much everything that marked the climax of the game out. Kara's storyline ended on a happy note across the board whilst Markus proved to be the real unique one, getting an ending that apparently has only been selected by 2% of the games playerbase.

Comment

Got this free courtesy of PS Plus. Took several days to download on my paper-cups-and-string internet connection and once played minutes to delete. Pretty looking game with decent voice acting but the gameplay... my god, it's about as fun as cleaning a filthy toilet. Possibly worse than Firewatch. I don't understand how they can call it a game. Awful.
                              Last edited by Zen Monkey; 22-07-2019, 11:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X