Massive Fail. Really sorry. Please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive Fail. Really sorry. Please read

Forum reset to March 2016. 2017 was a rubbish year anyway.

Short: Server update for Meltdown issue caused server to crash and mess up the database. All of the backups back to 18th Dec had corruption in the forum post table, so they wouldn't restore.
    I found an old backup on a spare drive in my PC. I can't really use the word "fortunately", but you get the idea.

I was literally crying earlier because I thought I had lost it all.

Note: I will have to go through all the emails and put back the blueroom subs. If you aren't blue by say, next weekend, and think you should be, please message me.

Sorry X infinity.

**** mate. That's bad news.

Comment

Not sure what the learning is to be had here apart from test backups more often. It wasn't lack of backups. It was backups failing.

Comment

Comment

On the plus side, it seems to be running a lot quicker than it was.

Comment

We lost the first year of Trumps Presidency!
            Charlesr... travelling through time putting right what once went wrong

It's going to be so weird seeing where the posts are at.

Comment

21 months of our internet lives gone in an instant.

Mental to think of all that data gone.

Better start making some threads.

[MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION] best get on with retyping all the CU threads!!

Comment

Try not to let it get to you Charles noone is blaming you - bad things happen from time to time, when the site went down I was wondering if the cause was you trying to rename me!

Glad it's back though.

Comment

Already starting the CU thread revivals

Stuff like Retrospective 1-20 are definitely gone etc but I'll restore what I can. We lost so much of the America thread, at this rate I woudl have probably called the second one America II: Blackest Night
                  I remember the FOTY results, but GOTY is gone for the most part.

Still, time to have a look through what's resurfaced and some fresh threads!

Comment

Don’t be sorry Charlesr, Destiny 1 is now back and D2 hasn’t been released to disappoint me.

And my avatar has his camera back

Comment

Yeah, no worries. Important thing is that the forum is back up!

Comment

To clarify, the forum was NOT closed due to allegations of improper sexual behaviour by the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          To clarify, the forum was NOT closed due to allegations of improper sexual behaviour by the moderators.
                          Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            QC we’re you touching Charlesr inappropriately again? Is that why you were crying Charlesr? Come on you can tell us now the forum is back online, which was now clearly a cover up attempt.

Comment

I'm was pretty certain I was going to get moaned at more than this. Highly disappointed that there's not more Internet Entitlement going on.

Is Marty imagining it or is it going quicker?

Comment

Working...
                              X