Enter the Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enter the Dragon

Already getting fans pants in a bunch is the news that Warner Bros is to remake Enter the Dragon and are in talks with David Leitch, the director of Deadpool 2 and co-director of John Wick, to helm the flick.

It's a product of its time, like a time capsule.
    A remake seems even less relevant than redoing those 80s classics.

You're never going to stop Hollywood doing remakes, but I'd rather they use some imagination and do something new.

Why I love ETD.

Comment

Ooh, a little action.

ETD is one of my absolute favourite films. Really like your post on it QC.

Remake? Yeah, I'll probably watch it. It won't be as good but it'll be a laff.

My style is the art of fighting without fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        My style is the art of fighting without fighting.
        "De arda fyding widowt fyding? Show me!"
        "Not here. That island."

Comment

Hope its better than the OG film, which is one of the most overrated and boring Kung Fu films ever made.

Comment

IYHO.

Comment

Can’t wait to see the new Williams pick his six girls....

As long as Bolo gets a part all is good!

Comment

Bolo Old these days!

To be fair, he's still looking decent and could probably snap my neck like a dry twig for dishonouring Han.

Comment

For me, Enter The Dragon is all about that cast. I’d love to see that same cast in another movie but not a different cast in the same movie, if you know what I mean. It’s not like it’s such an amazing story that it will make for a strong retelling. As already stated, it’s a thing of its time and that’s exactly why it’s great.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    IYHO.
                    The best part of the entire film was Wah Yuen backwards flip kick when he doubled for Bruce.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I’d love to see that same cast in another movie but not a different cast in the same movie.
                      I don't want to upset you, but don't hold your breath for a film starring Bruce Lee, Ahna Capri, Shih Kien and Jim Kelly any time soon...

I remember there being talk of CGI using "Synthespians" to replace actors who have died.
                      It's starting to happen with the like of Oliver Reed in Gladiator and Peter Cushing in Rogue One.

If you remember, Lee appeared in one of those UFC games.
                      They also used his likeness in some adverts like these for Johnny Walker and Nokia,

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      The best part of the entire film was Wah Yuen backwards flip kick when he doubled for Bruce.
                      Well, at there's one person who's going to see the remake if you think it can't be much worse!

Yuen Wah is awesome in his own right, though!

I particularly liked him in Eastern Condors and Dragons Forever:

Comment

Paul Bramhall has written an article about why he thinks ETD is overrated.

As much as I like the film, it’s difficult to disagree with many of his gripes.

The concept of this remake is totally pointless. It’s a Bruce Lee film, a product of its time, and served a specific purpose at its time.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I don't want to upset you, but don't hold your breath for a film starring Bruce Lee, Ahna Capri, Shih Kien and Jim Kelly any time soon...
                          John Saxon is still going!

[MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION] - I think your most important part there is that you like it. In all honesty, if someone has to explain to you why it's not is good as people say, who cares? If it's rated (and it is) then it entertained people, it resonated with people, it was cool to them. I don't know who Paul is but he can go take it somewhere else.
                          Last edited by Dogg Thang; 24-07-2018, 14:48.

Comment

I love it, personally. It's a really easy film to poke holes in but the vibe is just brilliant. Very much a product of its time and, as Dogg points out, that's one of the things that makes it good.

Man, you come straight out of a comic book.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              I don't know who Paul is but he can go take it somewhere else.
                              Yeah Paul! Go take it somewhere else!

Unless Paul is Team Andromeda. In which case, stay, but wind your neck in or Bolo's gonna snap it.

Comment

Working...
                              X