Battlefield V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield V

2018's Battlefield game will be set in World War 2, a new Venturebeat report states.Eurogamer sources close to the proj…

Word is this years Battlefield is called Battlefield V and takes us into WWII.
    It opens up more options but given how well BF1 sold I'm mindful the incentive to make a series return to form isn't there.

BF1 was awful. Apart from the hilarious bayonet charge. Hope this gets back on track

Comment

Guess i'm missing another BF cycle then, BF1 was limited in gameplay and the worst maps ever made... it's really going have to do something special to get me into it and for starters they can stop the dumbing the game down in to close quarters COD bollocks.

Comment

Electronic Arts and DICE will reportedly include premium loot boxes in the upcoming “Battlefield” game due out this fall according to US Gamer. The game will reportedly contain cosmetic-only loot boxes as a way to both help bolster EA’s profits and also not try to anger gamers. The outlet was reportedly told by a source: […]

EA and DICE are apparently set to have Loot Boxes in Battlefield V from day one with the content being restricted to cosmetic only items.

Comment

I think with these sort of things it's also about the progression system which we will only see near or after launch. Is there enough to do outside of the cosmetics. If the endgame is built around them (Destiny 2, Overwatch etc.) then the fact the lootboxes are 'cosmetic only' is not really the point.

Comment

The good thing about loot boxes in Overwatch is that you can ALWAYS get a game in the various different modes, because 3 wins in the arcade section give you a box. Whereas in BF4, after a while many modes and maps were derelict.

Comment

The whole way the Battlefield series has structured it's walled off DLC puts me off... As you say if you miss the window the entire community move on to the next 4-5 maps and the rest is a ghost town.

They need to make maps free to all and find revenue other ways, if that is cosmetics in loot boxes then that's fine by me. The plus outweighs the negative.

I enjoyed BF1 but it was a mixed bag. Campaign was actually decent if short and Conquest still played a solid game on many maps. I didn't like the authentic era tanks and planes though. Obscured vision and difficult aiming made them a niche offering at best and I hated them. Give me any BF experience that has helicopters....

Comment

DICE will end Battlefield 1's monthly updates in June 2018, it's announced.Battlefield 1 came out in October 2016, but …

You know the next games coming when DICE announces updates for BF1 will cease within the next 8 weeks

Comment

Still a game every year though. One year Battlefield, then the next Battlefront. And so on...

Comment

Otherwise known as circling the drain

Comment

Indeed, but it means it's as predictable as mud as to how their yearly MP FPS schedule will look over the next few years. You don't need a DLC Roadmap announcement or E3 to see these games coming. No different to most other major publishers, I know.

Fortnite or the BR genre might be the roaster in the hen house mind...
                      Last edited by Digfox; 25-04-2018, 16:17.

Comment

I'm fully expecting a BR mode in this, unlike COD it's a franchise I could easily imagine it suiting

Comment

Absolutely, I think there's bound to be some chasing of the BR money by the big western devs. They have their comfortable yearly cash grabs for their big MP/Online shooters. I guess what I meant is if the BR explosion competes and reduces the revenue those games earn, then they might change plans. Or put out a BR focused MP game instead of a MP shooter.

Comment

EA is nearly ready to reveal Battlefield V, the next big game in DICE's blockbuster first-person shooter series.The pub…

Battlefield V reveal has happened and the game launches on 19 October 2018.
                            Reveal is quite a long way into that vid and there's a lot of staged chatter which is fine, a bit E3 really, the actual game trailer though? For me, does nothing to dispel the bad taste BF1 left and reveals next to nothing thanks to being a glorified cut scene only

Comment

Check out the Jack Frags gameplay changes video. I wouldn't write it off yet and it sounds like the biggest overhaul to the core game yet.

Firstly all actions will have a cost in your player interacting. Picking up ammo, a med pack and healing etc... It won't just be automatic based on your proximity and area of effect. You will literally have to go to the crate and elect to heal. So it plays into strategy and timing.

Likewise health will no longer regen to 100%, which is huge. If you drop below a certain % you'll only heal to that quadrant unless you get to a med pack. Again huge strategy shift.

It's the same with spotting. It will no longer be a case of spamming the spotting button and shooting at markers on the mini map. It's now apparently more realistic but they didn't elaborate further.

And lastly you can rebuild key points on the map with fortifications, at least reinforced with sandbags, barbed wire etc... Any class can do this but it's the support who gets an expanded set of options for this. So no more flat maps full of rubble at the end of conquest rounds.

Will be very interesting to see how these core changes alter the established template modes. I for one can see this being much better because of it. It doesn't sound like a reskin with new maps.

Comment

Working...
                              X