Game Boy Player - worth it without GBI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Boy Player - worth it without GBI?

Have a line on a mint purple GC + GBP + disc for around 8k Yen. No GBI as there is no SD Media Launcher for that region. Still worth it? Keep in mind that I already have a AGS-001, AGS-101 and a Micro, plus three DS Lites for GBA gaming.

The scaling is the issue with the software it comes with. You can always get GBI later.

Would you play on a TV is what you need to ask yourself. If not, don't bother.

Comment

Decided to jump on it, at 8400 Yen it’s cheaper than an unboxed NTSC Game Boy Player + disc. Finally gonna try playing Giftpia with a guide!

Last edited by Nico87; 30-09-2018, 08:05.

Comment

Looks good. I've got one and it worked fine on a modern TV. Annoyingly, I lost the disc so it's now just a redundant brick. It was fun while it lasted and good to play Final Fantasy IV on the big screen.

Comment

Bought a Raphnet adapter as well so I can use a SNES Classic controller for GBP gaming. No way I’m paying ~£100 for the HORI controller.

Also of course the Eon GCHD HDMI adapter which is like 70% more expensive than what I paid for the bundle above!
          Last edited by Nico87; 30-09-2018, 13:36.

Comment

Giftpia is a wonderful game, i loved losing myself on that island & enjoying the atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              Giftpia is a wonderful game, i loved losing myself on that island & enjoying the atmosphere.
              Such a shame that it was never localised. I’ll go with your guide + the Kirameki translation

Comment

Nice setup Nico. I have an indigo Cube and GBP too, they don’t get used much these days though. Last time I used it I connected an OG GBA to use as the controller for GBP action. Feels nice but of course the battery is draining!

Comment

Working...
                X