No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you haven't been having any issues with your knees etc then just carry on with the same type of shoe.

I'm eating extra bread and peanut butter and nuts. I'm also eating while running (white bread and jam).

Still losing weight, so have been racking up on vegetables (amino acids) and sausages and bacon. Down to 10s4 now which is daft.

How on earth do people do 110 miles a week? Lard?

Comment

Bread, Peanut Butter, Bacon, Sausages. All stuff I love. Need to up my quota of eating that type of food I guess.

The wife has pointed out a few times that I’m losing weight due to my running (I also walk the dog 3 times a day).

I often think the same when it comes to these extreme runners. How do they find the time to put in the training to run such long distances?!

Comment

It doesn't take them very long! They will happily bang out 19 miles at 5:30 pace.

Comment

Made it, 207.24k in July.

Comment

I need advice, please. I'm very unfit. I have been skinny all my life but I've developed a gut. I don't eat much at all but I think my metabolism has slowed down and due to medication I was on.

How can you lose the weight around your stomach? I've been told it's the hardest part to lose. I know you can't target any area of your body and have to generally lose weight. The thing is I'm still thin all over my body except the gut.

Some people cut out all carbs but that doesn't seem wise to me.

Comment

You can't target part of your body for weight loss. It's an overall thing. It's a long term plan too. A bit of weight training (bigger muscles burn calories while you do nothing), a bit of cardio and some calorie counting.

Cutting out carbs is a bit silly unless you don't do any cardio.

Comment

Decided to drop some weight. Was 86Kg after returning from China and the holidays. Did 310Km in August, 10Km walked per night, and am back down to 80.0.

Comment

Why do you want to get fitter? Understanding this will determine your success.
                  Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                  I need advice, please. I'm very unfit. I have been skinny all my life but I've developed a gut. I don't eat much at all but I think my metabolism has slowed down and due to medication I was on.

How can you lose the weight around your stomach? I've been told it's the hardest part to lose. I know you can't target any area of your body and have to generally lose weight. The thing is I'm still thin all over my body except the gut.

Some people cut out all carbs but that doesn't seem wise to me.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, sorry I didn't reply sooner. Well, I want to get fitter because I'm very unhealthy.I've been living an inactive lifestyle for years now.

Also, I need to lose the gut for two reasons. I'm at risk of gaining more weight due to medications in the future and there's a risk of diabetes. Secondly I'm not vain but having been very thin all my life I just feel uncomfortable like this.

I know cutting carbs seems crazy to me too but a lot of people online seem to mention it. It's some kind of trend these days.
                    Last edited by monel; 19-09-2018, 19:54.

Comment

Diabetes is a serious risk. But I'd recommend latching on to how uncomfortable you feel at the moment, and imagine how comfortable and awesome you are going to feel in 3 months time after the initial phase of your journey. Maybe think of it as a year long plan all up to feeling trim and stronger.

Comment

Thanks again for replying, and so quickly too! I will try and act on your advice. I've also read that calorie counting helps but some people say that's too extreme. One problem is that the foods I eat arent really covered in these apps.

I also read that cardio alone does not help in the long run for various reasons as your body loses muscle and stores fat.

I am a bit surprised at my body, though. I know people who gain weight and it's pretty evenly distributed but I very much end up skinny fat.

Comment

Running is an excellent way to burn calories, but as a beginner, you can only do a limited amount each week, so whilst I highly recommend it, you should also plan some weight based action. Gym or home gym. And work on diet. Diet will give you the biggest changes in a sensible time frame. I don't mean dieting. Just watching what you put in in your mouth. Other people in here are much more experienced in this area than me though.

For me, little changes made huge differences. Giving up alcohol made my weekly calories plummet. Add in the large miles I do, I ended up struggling to keep the weight on. Look at what you eat and drink and decide which one thing will help to get you started. Then once you are used to that change, make another. Etc.

For exercise, choose something you might enjoy.

Comment

Thanks again. It's such a shame medication can have so many side effects. Often almost as bad as the condition they're prescribed for.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                              Decided to drop some weight. Was 86Kg after returning from China and the holidays. Did 310Km in August, 10Km walked per night, and am back down to 80.0.
                              Well done sir!

Really impressive stats there, keep it going.

Shinobi7000, I agree with Charles in that you should be looking at this as more a long term thing and not something to get done in a couple of months or so.

Comment

Seems like a great but achievable idea that others could use. How long does that take each day?
                                Originally posted by Jaz View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X