No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but that's just one experience. It doesn't mean all women who work in banks would do the same, does it?

Comment

Considering the rate of bank closures, it’s something we won’t worry about too much lol

Comment

Her words were the whole staff were at it and would date customers based on their account status. Her manager just so happened to of married a customer with obscene amounts of cash in the bank he hardly spent, but I’m sure they married for pure love.

My old man started getting a disproportionate amount of attention from his bank check out staff when he sold his house too and my parents got divorced, all asking for him and how he was, oh tell him so and so said hi, year sure I will.

No such thing as coincidence.

So glad I have my other half, really puts things in perspective having someone as amazing as she is by your side.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 25-10-2018, 11:15.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Her manager just so happened to of married a customer with obscene amounts of cash in the bank he hardly spent, but I’m sure they married for pure love.
          Plot twist: THIS is the bank worker that Sketcz asked out!

Comment

Comedy gold this thread, mainly for none of the right reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
              If that fails, there's always the spank bank. Although I think Sketcz might have asked someone out there too.
              Fammydodd went to one of those once. He had never had such a sweat on, he was in there for ages, tried his left hand, his right hand, then both hands, still couldn’t get the lid off the jar!

Comment

It's always the older retires that flirt with me at work or when I start a conversation with a fellow nerd/ geek they are always around 10 years younger than me. Not that I'm looking, I just have to be super nice to everyone even if they are being an annoying twatbag to my face/ on the phone/ in the dentist chair

Sometimes the fact I mention I know what that logo/ tattoo/ image/ quote means catches them offguard and they think I'm just trying to be cool. Others love coming back to the dentist just to have a chat about random stuff

I was wearing a Totoro badge pinned to my chest once at reception and a guy commented about liking ghibli it. He kind of stopped talking suddenly about the films and took a seat as he probably realised he was staring at my chest the entire time (I only realised when one of the girls asked what I said to scare him off)

Truth is I was only wearing it to cover a stain from toothpaste from brushing my teeth that morning! I do try and wear something slightly geeky at work as people relax a bit more in surgery with me when they spot a fellow geek.

Comment

My friend has balls of steel - he'll chat up the person who serves him in the convenience store / KFC / drug store and ask for a date. He doesn't even get phased if there's a queue behind him.

This is in Japan.

Comment

Blobcat: This is a perfect example of the other side of the story. Just going to work and being nice because its your job.

Comment

Nobody flirts with me. Ever. It's frankly amazing I'm married.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        Blobcat: This is a perfect example of the other side of the story. Just going to work and being nice because its your job.
                        Well, yeah - the general rule is that you never ask someone out in a situation where there's an uneven power dynamic. If you go to Costa and speak to the Barista, they have to be nice to you; it's part of their job. They can't easily make an excuse and politely leave. Asking them out in that scenario, no matter how friendly they may seem, is just inappropriate.

If you really wanted to ask someone out in that scenario, and you had no other way of doing it, the only way that you might consider appropriate is (and this is only if you have a genuine rapport) to drop in casual conversation that you're single. Like you might mention you went on a terrible date recently, which suggests you're single and looking; you then let the other person make the first move. If they don't you walk away, and you just have to forget about it.

It's just because if you invert that relationship (and I've been on the other end of it) it's unpleasant to be asked out at work (because let's face it, you're at work) and you're very much being put-on-the-spot, which is always awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          Well, yeah - the general rule is that you never ask someone out in a situation where there's an uneven power dynamic.
                          That'll explain why I got shot down by She-Ra and She Hulk.

Comment

I interviewed, selected, asked out and married a co-worker. At what point should I stop relying on contractual obligation?

Comment

I think there’s probably a huge gap between what some people see as flirting in here and just general conversation.

I was always oblivious to flirting so I’m in the same boat as you supes, I’m amazed I cottoned on to my my wife liking me. Or anyone I ever dated for that matter.

Comment

Oh man, I'm awful at picking up signals. Awful.

At uni, someone I quite liked was hitting on me at a club and I was oblivious.
                                She was using lines far too subtle for me to pick up like asking if I wanted some gum to make sure we both had fresh breath.
                                The lights came up at the end of the night and she said "I was flirting with you all night, but it's too late now."

Clueless.

My wife saw a picture of me and asked to be sat by me at our friends' wedding.
                                She flirted with me and asked me if I wanted a drink.
                                I said "oh, no thank you, I'm still going on this one", thinking I was being polite not taking her money.
                                I ambled over to my friends and they just looked at me and said "what are you doing talking to us? Get over there!" and "If you don't hurry up, I'm going to chat her up."

Finally, I sprang into action.

Clueless.

Comment

Working...
                                X