Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bank has been sending me "prepare for Brexit" documents for the last few weeks. They all pretty much amount to: wrap up your UK contracts, guys, and take all your business elsewhere. With a footnote of: hey, everyone else will be ending their business with the UK too so check out what new opportunities this might give your business.

Comment

So here's a question.

In the event of a no-deal Brexit, is there any way to cash in for people with "normal" means?

Just asking because despite voting remain, it looks like it's going to happen. I'd like to at least make something out of this trainwreck.

Comment

Good question. All I can think of is to invest in union jacks maybe.

Comment

Bless 'em. Now... who wants to break the reality to them?

Spain calls a third snap General Election in just four years as their government stalls to progress thanks to the rise of rightwing parties

Leadsom argues that May's defeat yesterday was just a small hurdle and that the public would prefer No Deal to extending Article 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            https://www.theguardian.com/environm...onment-protest

Bless 'em. Now... who wants to break the reality to them?
            I'm proud of them. They're the leaders of the future; I hope they retain this zeal into adulthood.

Comment

Unlikely, there's less years till ecological disaster than they have to get into power

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                The thing is, any government that is competent enough to leave the EU, wouldn’t do it.
                The last three years summed up perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  So here's a question.

In the event of a no-deal Brexit, is there any way to cash in for people with "normal" means?

Just asking because despite voting remain, it looks like it's going to happen. I'd like to at least make something out of this trainwreck.
                  You can’t, unless you have millions of Pounds of assets to manipulate. That’s what’s so terrifying – no-deal will be economic shock therapy to benefit the already wealthy.

I would put any (Sterling) cash savings into a Euros savings account if you can, though, to protect against the next shock ‘devaluation’ of the pound.

Comment

I wouldn’t. A hard crash for the uk would surely mean the euro is badly affected as well.

Comment

So, May delivered her deal and MP's said they didn't want it

She then tabled a meaningful vote on her deal and they voted that they didn't want it

She took and idea for an amended version to the EU and they said they didn't want it

She lined it up for an amendment vote and MPs said, guess what, they didn't want it

So she took all their criticisms, returned to the EU with the same idea as before and they said they didn't want it. Still.

Last night she stood by her deal as MP's voted their support in the notion that, yes, they didn't want it.

Today May prepares to return to the EU to reassure them by saying... "I'm sure they want my deal... I have this idea"

It couldn't be more clear that she is utterly exhausted of all her political moves now. She just needs MP's to come to some sort of consensus over whether to have a second referendum or revoke A50 then put her out of her misery.

Comment

A large scale cross party plan is building to hold a mass demonstration in London on Saturday 23 March against Brexit and May's 'My Deal or No Deal' approach. The cross party alliance would then agree to support May's deal from the 25/26 March onwards under the agreement that it had to be put to the public to ratify their desire to leave under those terms rather than Remain, if the deal lost that referendum then the country would revoke Article 50 for good.

Meanwhile, an updated Opinium poll for the Observer has shown that in the last few weeks May's appalling performance has seen public opinion begin to sway with Labour support pulling in closer to Tory support. The biggest area of concern for them both though, given recent chatter about rogue MP groups, is that 40% said they thought it was time a new party was introduced with 59% saying they would vote for a new centralist political party.

Comment

I would vote for the "We Know What We're Doing" party.

Which means I'll probably never vote again.

Comment

Theresa May is like a child asking for sweets:

Please
                            Oh please

But please

Please

Comment

Flybmi are going under and putting the blame squarely on Brexit.

Comment

It might even be true. But Brexit is also a scapegoat for any and all poor running of a uk business so it’s hard to know which problems are a result of brexit and which aren’t. Companies used to fail all the time before Brexit. This one does seem plausible though.

Comment

Working...
                                X