Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you keep it real or are you a self censoring little bitch?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Which is exactly the point I was making.
    You know you don't mean any harm in it, but I doubt you'll spend tomorrow calling everyone a bitch because you know how others may think you're using it.

Like Jackie Chan in Rush Hour or Tim Roth in Gridlock'd found out, not everyone appreciates people using the "N" word.

Being aware of other people's feelings and respecting them makes you a better human being!

It wouldn't have lead to productive discussion, because your approach to the subject wasn't right and was also unclear, even saying yourself the reader had to decipher what you'd written.

I suggest you either get this subject off your chest with some mates face-to-face or have a sleep on it and ask whatever you're trying to discuss in a clear and less baiting manner another day.

Take the night off and play something you've never played before.
    Of course, as the Mayans say - you are another me. Unless you're a bitch, in which case you ain't I don't move in a corporate shuck and jive circle and never have done so evidently we're from different worlds in this respect and this in turn creates our perspectives. I hear what you're saying though and will take it into consideration but you seem to have it in your mind that I walk around calling everyone and anyone a bitch when that isn't the case. They have to act like one first

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    I loved your thread BTW, replicashooter. REAL talk. Abstract talk. Interesting talk. Bomb talk.

I knew it'd be taken down because this really is a gentlemen's lounge of a forum. It's why I love this place.

BUT we are all over 40 now, we are all grown, nice men. We could have a gentlemanly, incendiary talk, wearing BD-branded forum smoking jackets.

Bring single malts, twiftaz, a whole roast cow turnin' on a spit, the summertime. We can talk about ANYTHING.
    100 my man, like I said you (or should that be your pal) was the one that inspired it and I felt that given the overall maturity of the board we could handle talking about incendiary matters without any mollycoddling or safe spacing but I guess I was wrong. Whats so sad about all of this is that I suddenly feel like contributing a heck of a lot less to this place as I can now see its dark corners clearly.

What a waste though as in the time I've been here I can tell that the vast majority of active members have an intelligence level that makes them smarter than your average bear and yet none of them seem to feel secure in stepping outside the lines of same staid topics that get regurgitated ad infinitum nor addressing the broader issues that form sticky points of this world as it currently stands and that is a shame because there is so much to gain from peeking into the shadow of oneself as illuminated by the zinging comments of another that make one pause and reflect.

You see this avoidant type of behaviour all the time here like in that "Colin is a twat" thread where the view count was immense without a single comment because people were evidently scared of saying the wrong thing which once again illustrates my point perfectly.

Speak now or forever hold your nads.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
      snowflake
      I resent everyone using my nick name so liberally today!

Comment

It takes very little effort to be thoughtful and conduct ourselves with a bit of decency and empathy. You just have to not be a bellend basically, When I was a teen I got fired from a job picking tomatoes. Nobody could show me exactly what stage between green and red they had to be picked - it was too subtle and the supposed experts couldn’t give me a clear example. They kept telling me I was wrong and then fired me. Years later, I found out I was slightly colour blind. So much time had passed, it was a funny realisation when I thought back to that job. But at the time, I couldn’t really accept that I was the problem. Or I guess if I dig deeper, my actions due to the hand I was dealt. Turned out to be a very easy thing to adjust to once I knew about it. If someone finds it hard to express themselves without causing offence, thinks standards of common decency or expectations of keeping others in mind are too high, the problem ultimately lies with that person but the people who most need to see that often find it very hard to accept and will point to others or play hard done by. Still, it’s possible to realise and adjust and, like I say, it takes little effort to be thoughtful. You just have to not be a bellend.

Comment

First forum like for that post.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            First forum like for that post.
            I'm glad I could help make it happen for you. What a team! Now seeing as you could pop in to share that care to expand on your original post? Who knows you may get EVEN MORE LIKES!!!!

Comment

Long story short, you're advocating that being a bellend is a good thing.

You just have to not be a bellend.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Long story short, you're advocating that being a bellend is a good thing.

You just have to not be a bellend.
                You should change your screen name to Ctrl C Ctrl V if thats the best you can come up.

Mods I want my like back.

Comment

I didn't see the original topic, but I dread to think what it must've been like based just on the descriptions of it in here. If I'm being honest, I'm not sure why the mod team are letting this fly as a response, but they are demonstrating some serious patience with you here.

Ignoring all of the "I call a spade a spade", "I just say it as it is" etc red flags (not to mention your 'lol SJWs' comments before), and just going on what you've said in this thread, I find it very sad that you think the communication skills and social conscience of a child is some kind of gold standard. As an adult, acting solely on impulse and only thinking about your own world view isn't even close to "keeping it real" - it's just being selfish and inconsiderate. Part of being a responsible adult involves a little introspection, listening to people, and really just growing up - and also not just kicking off and criticising others when people call you out on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X