This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
    Updated for January. Posted elsewhere, hence the verbose description.

Main

TV is a Samsung 55 LED Smart. The screen failed 7 days before the 3 year warranty expired so it has a brand new panel.

Soundbar with subwoofer is also from Samsung. It uses valves and gets the job done, given the price I paid.

Japanese Xbox 360 with Kinect. It is hard modded and boots up very quickly (under 20 seconds and typically within 10 seconds) unlike many others I have seen. All my digital and physical games (both 360 and original Xbox) are installed on an external 2Tb hard drive. I use Aurora to navigate them. Aurora is a fantastic looking coverflow system. The system also runs MAME and Final Burn. For these, I use two Razor Atrox arcade sticks. Connects to the TV via HDMI and the Framemeister also via HDMI (for arcade game scanlines).

Hong Kong PS4. This is the 1Tb newer model which is slightly less power hungry and a bit quieter. Connects to the TV via HDMI.

USA WiiU. I have five of the themed Wiimotes (Peach, Zelda, Mario, Bowser and Yoshi) and the excellent WiiU pro controller. Connects to the TV via HDMI.

Original USA Xbox (purchased on release day). Hard modded. Used as an emulation system for C64, Amiga/CD32, NES/Famicom, SNES/Super Famicom, Megadrive/Genesis, Sega/Mega CD, PC Engine/Turbografx/CD. I use the amazing Logitech wireless controllers. Logitech are generally poor but these are great. For emulation, I use an adapter made by a guy in Brazil. It allows me to connect and use NES, SNES, Megadrive and Saturn pads as well as my official SEGA of Japan Saturn arcade stick. Connects to the TV via official component cable to a Framemeister.

Japanese Wii. Hard modded. External 1Tb hard drive for all Wii, Gamecube and eShop games. I use WiiFlow to navigate them. Gamecube games run fantastically off hard drive using Nintendont. You can even control them using the WiiU Pro controller! I also use the NES/Famicom, SNES/Super Famicom and Megadrive/Genesis emulators. Again, they can now be controlled with the WiiU Pro controller or all the controllers listed above using a second adapter from Brazil. Connects to the TV via official component cable to a Framemeister.

USA SEGA Saturn. Has a phantom modchip and region free BIOS chip installed. Connects to the TV using a custom scart cable supplied by Yakumo to a Framemeister.

Japanese Nintendo 64 (purchased on release day). Has an EverDrive 64 v2 flash cart installed. Connects to the TV via a Monster S-Video cable to a Framemeister.

OUYA. 1Tb external hard drive for games. Great little emulation machine. Runs C64, Amiga, NES/Famicom, SNES/Super Famicom, Megadrive/Genesis, Sega/Mega CD, PC Engine/Turbografx/CD and MAME very well. I use the Nostalgia app to navigate them. Connects to the TV via HDMI.

Handhelds

NVidia Shield portable with 64Gb MicroSD card. The original that looks like an Xbox 360 controller and not an iPad. Essentially, does everything the OUYA does only better and in handheld form. The best handheld I have ever owned, and I have owned almost everything including the Pandora.

Japanese New Nintendo 3DS with two 64Gb MicroSD cards (one internal and one in the Gateway). This is on firmware 9.2 and supports the Gateway card for loading my legitimate game ROMs. Most of the ROMs have been converted and actually run as if they were eShop games.

For storage, I use the drawers on the TV stand

Arcade Cabinet

The cabinet is a SEGA Blast City. It has a single slot NEO GEO MVS board installed with Shocktroopers, Puzzle Bobble or a 161-1 cart. The other configuration is a duplicate of the original Xbox listed above. This connects via a bunch of adapters from Ultimarc. Not cheap, but good.

Bedroom

The TV is a Samsung 32 LED Smart.

USA PS3 running Rebug custom firmware. External 2Tb hard drive for my games. It plays all PS3, PSN, PS1, PS2 and PSP games. I navigate the games using Multiman. Connects to the TV via HDMI.

A second OUYA. Exactly the same as the one above but with a 64Gb USB stick instead of an external hard drive. I use it with an OUYA controller, a PS3 controller and a wireless Wii Fighting Stick.
    Finally completed my setup.

Main

Replaced the white Wii with a black model to keep everything consistent.

Added a USA SEGA Sports Edition Dreamcast. Has been modded with a GDEMU. Connects to the TV via a Toro VGA box into the Framemeister. I use it with a Total Control 3 Saturn to Dreamcast controller adapter and an official Dreamcast arcade stick (painted black as it turned yellow).

Handhelds

Added a second Japanese New 3DS. Both run all 8 and 16 bit emulators, 3DS and DS games via the Homebrew Launcher and Gateway cards (red and blue).

Arcade Cabinet

Added some more powerful speakers, but had to remove the marquee light and housing to fit them in.

Bedroom

Shifted the white Wii into the bedroom. Added a WiiU Pro controller (white).

Last edited by Jaz; 14-02-2016, 09:54.

Comment

It's an awesome setup mate, but as a massive child I am having a bit too much fun giggling at this;

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
      Shifted the white Wii into the bedroom.

Comment

It’s funny how things move on, years ago I had a huge retro set up that needed an entire room dedicated to it, now I keep it tucked away in a little corner upstairs, and to be fair, I probably use it more!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          It’s funny how things move on, years ago I had a huge retro set up that needed an entire room dedicated to it, now I keep it tucked away in a little corner upstairs, and to be fair, I probably use it more!

Nice, less is more

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
            Nice, less is more
            In contrast, I am a total console hoarder so....

I even hoard TV's!

On top : Atari 2600
            top row : PC Engine Duo, Super Famicom, Japan Megadrive
            middle row : Super Grafx, Japan N64, UK PS1 and PS2 (both chipped)
            bottom row : AV Famicom, Japan Dreamcast, Japan Saturn, PC Engine CD-Rom briefcase

I can now run nearly all my consoles through 2 tellys at the same time. Completely pointless but it looks ace!

Gscart lite scart splitter.
            Last edited by Gradius; 14-01-2018, 17:14.

Comment

2 TVs at once? What are you? Elvis?

Comment

I’m pretty much pro crt for everything now, even the ps3/360.

Also managed to clear out a load of discs and slot a PS4 pro set up with 4k monitor in the opposite side.

Image F40995 FC 5378 422 A B09 B B4 EE0 D3 FAE65 hosted in ImgBB

Image 6616 E6 A8 5 F34 49 E7 9 E46 D0287 F59 E560 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post

Also managed to clear out a load of discs and slot a PS4 pro set up with 4k monitor in the opposite side.

https://ibb.co/jSdvmm
                  Love that CRT setup I want to post pics of mine this week. I've spent the last year getting my left over retro stuff working nicely with a gscart and OSSC. I thought I ditched the consoles for cabs....but there's no quitting damn it...

However, with the current retro prices, I have been VERY selective with purchases. Tempted to go everdrive for everything to be honest.

Comment

^ thats insane. So many TVs in one gaff. If Gradius was Elvis then you're Lorenzo di Medici

Comment

Dude, cool stuff. But you need a new camera

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        Dude, cool stuff. But you need a new camera
                        I know! I take these crappy pics with an iPad for convenience. Really need to take decent shots with my Lumix.

Comment

I know! I take these crappy pics with an iPad for convenience. Really need to take decent shots with my Lumix.
                          Stick with the ipad makes it look more retro

Comment

Bloody hell, TV overload!

Comment

Not as cool as your setup, but here's mine

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like zakmatar.

Not complete yet - need to fix and chip a grey PS1 (got a broken 5501 from ebay).

OSSC doesn't seem to like PC-Engine sync though....which is driving me mad
                              [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION], sorry in advance for the aspect ratio on the BVM I'll change it back.

Comment

You've got more TVs than a Soho nightclub...

Comment

Working...
                                X